British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   British Bacon and Bangers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/british-bacon-bangers-334351/)

franc11s Oct 29th 2005 9:18 pm

British Bacon and Bangers

Just ordered about 10 pounds of meat from the www.britishbacon.com web site that somebody here shared a while back. Anyone tried it already themselves? I'll post back what I find.

gruffbrown Oct 29th 2005 9:26 pm

Re: British Bacon and Bangers

Originally Posted by franc11s
Just ordered about 10 pounds of meat from the www.britishbacon.com web site that somebody here shared a while back. Anyone tried it already themselves? I'll post back what I find.

Yes please, if it's OK, I'll give it a go :)

Pimpbot Oct 29th 2005 10:41 pm

That could be a winner of a site.

Partystar Oct 29th 2005 11:01 pm

I'm thinking about trying the Full British Breakfast & the Dinner Sample Box, they're $60 each, but sounds well worth it to me.

Thydney Oct 30th 2005 1:08 am

Have used them a few times. Usually good but sometimes takes the piss with the quality of the cuts! One other thing if you're using them get the express delivery.

NC Penguin Oct 30th 2005 1:23 am

Originally Posted by Partystar
I'm thinking about trying the Full British Breakfast & the Dinner Sample Box, they're $60 each, but sounds well worth it to me.

Maybe you can ask for it as a Christmas present.

NC Penguin

NC Penguin Oct 30th 2005 1:27 am

Living in NC, I bought from them retail at Lumberton Farmer's Market (heard they stopped selling there but I do not have this confirmed). I bought a pork roast, bacon, sausage.

Of the three items, the bacon's the best. I found the cut of pork to be rather more lean than I'm accustomed too and there was no skin on the pork (but this is true for pork roast cuts in the US). The sausage was a thowback to the 80s with a high cereals in the bangers. I won't be buying them again.

The bacon was pretty close to British style bacon and I have bought the Williams bacon since at shops in the Triangle that stock their pork products.

NC Penguin

nottsinCT Oct 30th 2005 3:16 pm

I live 25 mins from the Irish part of the Bronx and they have butchers that sells Sausage, bacon, black pudding, white pudding, sausage rolls you name it, Apple Pie without the Cinnamon Even have Bread which Is one item I miss so much I went back home in Aug and bought 2 fresh warburton toasties back... along with a suitcase full of crisps choc and anything I could pile in If they would have opened my case I prob would have been in trouble.

CaliforniaBride Oct 31st 2005 2:39 am

Originally Posted by nottsinCT
I live 25 mins from the Irish part of the Bronx and they have butchers that sells Sausage, bacon, black pudding, white pudding, sausage rolls you name it, Apple Pie without the Cinnamon Even have Bread which Is one item I miss so much I went back home in Aug and bought 2 fresh warburton toasties back... along with a suitcase full of crisps choc and anything I could pile in If they would have opened my case I prob would have been in trouble.

Stop, stop, I'm drooling on my keyboard!

Just read your post to hubby, to which he reponded "oh my gard, who would eat that!!!

Poor soul :D

BigDavyG Oct 31st 2005 2:35 pm

Got some back bacon and beef sausages sitting in the freezer ready to go along with some brown sauce, kerrygold butter and baked beans.
All I need now is some decent sliced white bread that doesn't contain 13lbs of sugar - anyone any ideas ???

Partystar Oct 31st 2005 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Got some back bacon and beef sausages sitting in the freezer ready to go along with some brown sauce, kerrygold butter and baked beans.
All I need now is some decent sliced white bread that doesn't contain 13lbs of sugar - anyone any ideas ???

Maybe you could try making your own? You could buy a bread oven.

BigDavyG Oct 31st 2005 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Partystar
Maybe you could try making your own? You could buy a bread oven.

Serious suggestions only please.

If it can't be fried or bbq'd I'm not making it.

Hiro11 Oct 31st 2005 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by BigDavyG

Don't buy bread at any supermarket other than Whole Foods.

BigDavyG Oct 31st 2005 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Don't buy bread at any supermarket other than Whole Foods.

Whole Foods it is then.
I'll try to find one near by.
Is there any particular type of bread that I should go for ??

Thydney Oct 31st 2005 7:23 pm

Wallys Mart do a passable french stick :D