British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   British American applying for Chinese and Indian visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/british-american-applying-chinese-indian-visa-896546/)

trevor1 May 9th 2017 2:56 pm

British American applying for Chinese and Indian visa

Hey people,

I am trying to get Chinese and Indian visa these days. I think I want to get these in my US passport since both India and China give 10 year tourist visa to US citizens.

One catch is that I am currently in Europe (Germany) and I don't plan on traveling to the U.S. anytime soon. Allegedly it is troublesome to get the visas outside your country of citizenship.

I am looking to find somebody who is too US/UK citizen and went through the application process outside of USA. Will I find a help? Thank you :thumbsup:

petitefrancaise May 9th 2017 4:16 pm

Re: British American applying for Chinese and Indian visa

For the Indian visa, you have to do it online. In the application form you have the option to choose your nationality so I would guess that this then opens up all the options available to US citizens no matter where you are applying from.

However, the e-visa looks by far the easiest to do.

sweetbee May 11th 2017 6:50 am

Originally Posted by trevor1 (Post 12248708)
Hey people,

I am trying to get Chinese and Indian visa these days. I think I want to get these in my US passport since both India and China give 10 year tourist visa to US citizens.

One catch is that I am currently in Europe (Germany) and I don't plan on traveling to the U.S. anytime soon. Allegedly it is troublesome to get the visas outside your country of citizenship.

I am looking to find somebody who is too US/UK citizen and went through the application process outside of USA. Will I find a help? Thank you :thumbsup:

do you really need 10 year visas for those countries?

reason I ask is they are both overpopulated and I found 30 days was more than enough.

trevor1 May 11th 2017 11:18 am

My thinking is if I have to put in an effort applying to these visas I would like to get the 10 years because then you can go anytime during the 10 years and never have to worry about reapplying.

penguinsix May 11th 2017 11:27 am

10 year China visa is the same price as a regular visa, so it can be a pretty big savings in the long run.

The "paper" rule is that you apply for a Chinese visa in the country of "residence"--not necessarily nationality. I apply here in Hong Kong for my visa as I'm resident here. That said, some people who are resident in the USA have applied for visas in Hong Kong to mainland China and gotten them without any fuss.

I'd apply in Germany if that is where you are legally resident.