Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Airways Price Alert

British Airways Price Alert

Old Dec 8th 2016, 10:07 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Airways Price Alert

Originally Posted by tonrob
BA is becoming more and more like Norwegian, so think hard before paying more for BA if you're thinking you're going to get better food, service etc. The changes in BA seem to be coming every couple of months, and none of them for the better.
I just flew World Traveller Plus with BA on a 777-300. It was ****ing awful. It's a reduced product. They seem to be focusing SOLELY on Club World and First Class improvements, and letting everyone else endure an awful time.
Old Dec 8th 2016, 12:27 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

The prices are just ridiculous. My Aunt flew Aberdeen - Houston the week before Thanksgiving for £500 what's that about $650 just now?. The same flights Houston - Aberdeen next summer we are looking at around $1300. I know it's a different time of year, reverse route etc but holy fart $4000 for the three of us and I don't even wanna go
Old Dec 8th 2016, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
They are new basic economy fares coming in next year, to match a similar fare Delta has had for a year or so now. If you don't like the conditions don't buy them, buy standard economy fare as you would now. There problem solved no whining and moaning needed.
My intention wasn't to moan, but just make people aware. A lot of people have the expectation that they will automatically get access to overhead bins included in the price of any ticket.

I wasn't aware Delta charged for access to the bins. Hopefully I have access as I did not see it as an extra when booking.
Old Dec 8th 2016, 3:36 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
I just flew World Traveller Plus with BA on a 777-300. It was ****ing awful. It's a reduced product. They seem to be focusing SOLELY on Club World and First Class improvements, and letting everyone else endure an awful time.
What makes you think they're improving Club World and First Class? They're doing a good job of slowly ruining those too.
Old Dec 8th 2016, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond repute

What makes you think they're improving Club World and First Class? They're doing a good job of slowly ruining those too.
Definitely agree with this. It doesn't appear to be a 'slow job' either. Service and quality have both suffered. On my last flight (Club World), I used the 'warm towel' (which was threadbare to begin with) to wipe down the seat and IFE remote - the 'towel' was a terrible shade of brown afterwards.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 9:08 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think they're improving it. I just think its the only product they're focusing on. BA is a shambles :/
Old Dec 12th 2016, 10:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think they're improving it. I just think its the only product they're focusing on. BA is a shambles :/
Maybe BA is now Brexit Airways instead of British Airways. All the good old British qualities have exited.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 10:40 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Their focus is on cost-cutting, and that's degrading the experience across all cabins.
Old Dec 13th 2016, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

AlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond repute

Something that may be of interest to those following this thread: AARP provides a discount for BA ($400 off Club World, less for WTP & WT) - you can combine this with the Chase visa 10% discount for a pretty good deal. (You do not need to be 50+ to join AARP).
Old Dec 13th 2016, 9:04 am
Septic Sprout

Originally Posted by AlphaTangoMike
Something that may be of interest to those following this thread: AARP provides a discount for BA ($400 off Club World, less for WTP & WT) - you can combine this with the Chase visa 10% discount for a pretty good deal. (You do not need to be 50+ to join AARP).
The problem with that is it it doesn't always work. The AARP/BA web portal is particularly buggy, and the discounts seem to be based on some very complex fare rules rather than a simple 10% off anything you see on BA. Also this is a limited time offer that they keep extending, so it means you can't book beyond the current offer end date, even if it's an odds-on certainty that it will be extended yet again anyway.

All of that said, internet boards have many stories from those who have been able to take advantage, so I think you just need to approach it with the right expectations.
Old Dec 13th 2016, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

The problem with that is it it doesn't always work. The AARP/BA web portal is particularly buggy, and the discounts seem to be based on some very complex fare rules rather than a simple 10% off anything you see on BA. Also this is a limited time offer that they keep extending, so it means you can't book beyond the current offer end date, even if it's an odds-on certainty that it will be extended yet again anyway.

All of that said, internet boards have many stories from those who have been able to take advantage, so I think you just need to approach it with the right expectations.
I was able to use it, $400 off the flights and 10% off the reduced total.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
The prices are just ridiculous. My Aunt flew Aberdeen - Houston the week before Thanksgiving for £500 what's that about $650 just now?. The same flights Houston - Aberdeen next summer we are looking at around $1300. I know it's a different time of year, reverse route etc but holy fart $4000 for the three of us and I don't even wanna go
Why would anyone want to go to Aberdeen? (I can say this as I lived there, unfortunately)

FWIW I'm back and forth a lot (~90 flights, 18 months) and traditionally found US - UK retrn to be more the UK - US retrn.

Also, I dislike BA and fly almost exclusively SkyTeam (Primarily KLM, AF & Delta) and bank all my points on KLM. I just booked Newcastle > Houston return for early Jan and that was $700, via CDG (AF).
Old Dec 15th 2016, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
My intention wasn't to moan, but just make people aware. A lot of people have the expectation that they will automatically get access to overhead bins included in the price of any ticket.

I wasn't aware Delta charged for access to the bins. Hopefully I have access as I did not see it as an extra when booking.
Pretty sure Delta only charge for bins on domestic?
Old Dec 15th 2016, 11:08 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheKingOfHearts
Why would anyone want to go to Aberdeen? (I can say this as I lived there, unfortunately)
Cheeky bugger!, that's home for us. I haven't been back since 2011 (hubby has had a few work visits) so I'll have to show my face soon or I'll be written out of wills. Besides....fish n chips!
Old Dec 16th 2016, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
Cheeky bugger!, that's home for us. I haven't been back since 2011 (hubby has had a few work visits) so I'll have to show my face soon or I'll be written out of wills. Besides....fish n chips!
On the plus side you get to see seaguls eating regurgitated cheesy chips off the pavement in Union street, despite the breadth of the US, you never can quite find that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.