Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British accents - and getting hooked up

British accents - and getting hooked up

Old Feb 24th 2005, 6:25 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British accents - and getting hooked up

Originally Posted by MisBish
Blue? What?

My son is a teenager and may know one or two Elton John songs. That's all and then only because they were in Lion King.
Well can you ask him if the girls fall at his feet when he sings Circle of Life? We need to do some scientific research here for Berni.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

ww
Originally Posted by berni
actually lots of teenagers like elton john. i don't think middle aged people are in a position to judge that. Remember that recent hit with Blue, and the re-release of "are you ready for love". He's the most successful british popular music artist ever. you must accept it.
Middle aged at 24? I'm offended.

Trollin' Trollin' Trollin'

Keep typin', typin', typin',
Though they're disapprovin',
Keep them fingers typing' Rawhide!

Last edited by anotherlimey; Feb 24th 2005 at 6:31 pm. Reason: I can't remember my own age
Old Feb 24th 2005, 6:33 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
ww

Middle aged at 24? I'm offended.

Trollin' Trollin' Trollin'

Keep typin', typin', typin',
Though they're disapprovin',
Keep them fingers typing' Rawhide!

I'm sorry, but once you hit twenty you're over the hill and don't know anything any more.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 7:37 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I take it being a drummer completely excludes one from getting any action (conversation or otherwise), correct? Plus, bongo players do not count as drummers either...
Nah, one of the biggest acts last year was Ozomatli. They did their customary lead-the-crowd-into-the-street-for-a-parade ending -- only it was a hair past 2 am. Accounts differ, but include police beating the musicians, the drummers beating the police, and for certain, the police tear gassing the band and the crowd.

The community was pissed at the police. They had to apologise and Ozomatli played a city council meeting!

If you can get away with saying you're in a band, ANY band, you're cool. Oi young bloke -- I've forgotten your name already, old aged senility -- could you pass for a member of Goldie Lookin Chain?
Old Feb 24th 2005, 7:37 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I'm sorry, but once you hit twenty you're over the hill and don't know anything any more.
The Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind?
Old Feb 24th 2005, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by snowbunny
The Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind?
Well there are certainly some memories I wouldn't mind having erased.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 1:26 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

actually lots of teenagers like elton john. i don't think middle aged people are in a position to judge that. Remember that recent hit with Blue, and the re-release of "are you ready for love". He's the most successful british popular music artist ever. you must accept it.
Middle aged my arse .....

Some of us prefer the likes of The Vines .... The Frames ... Biffy Clyro .... to some over the hill bald homosexual...

But just to be on " topic" for a short time .......... I did find that women for some unkown reason in the USA loved the Wigan accent ..... strange but true .... ok back to "off topic"

Last edited by NC Penguin; Feb 25th 2005 at 1:56 am. Reason: Offensive word altered
Old Feb 25th 2005, 10:07 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Circus-of-Power] .... The Frames ... Biffy ClyroQUOTE]
Who the ****?

Oh and as far as birds and accents go, the accent will get you a foot in the door...you need to have a few more credentials after that. I've had my foot in a few doors, but had to remove it when the wife came along
Old Feb 25th 2005, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Guggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really nice

There once was a singer, Reg Dwight
Whose pants were unspeakably tight
When poor Reggie would move
They'd get stuck in the groove
Now Reg sings falsetto all night!!
Old Feb 25th 2005, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

berni is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
Middle aged my arse .....

Some of us prefer the likes of The Vines .... The Frames ... Biffy Clyro .... to some over the hill bald homosexual...

But just to be on " topic" for a short time .......... I did find that women for some unkown reason in the USA loved the Wigan accent ..... strange but true .... ok back to "off topic"
ah yes the famous "frames" and "billy clyro". you may even find find more than 3 chords in their songs. And the reason I was performing EJ was because hes pencilled in to come to the opening of my colleges new music department. though im sure theres a lot more interesting stuff going on in errr ... wigan.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 5:49 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

ah yes the famous "frames" and "billy clyro". you may even find find more than 3 chords in their songs. And the reason I was performing EJ was because hes pencilled in to come to the opening of my colleges new music department. though im sure theres a lot more interesting stuff going on in errr ... wigan.
Wigan College?
the one with the old brick chimney?
Old Feb 25th 2005, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Manc
Wigan College?
the one with the old brick chimney?

err no. i was referring to circus of power. do you really think elton john would come to wigan.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 6:04 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

err no. i was referring to circus of power. do you really think elton john would come to wigan.
it's nicer than Watford.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Manc
it's nicer than Watford.
and manistee
Old Feb 25th 2005, 6:50 pm
@matthewb76

and manistee
Soweto and Falluja is nicer than Manistee right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.