Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British accents

British accents

Old Mar 22nd 2007, 11:47 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British accents

Originally Posted by Tracym
Some woman told my fiance "oh I just looooove your accent, I could eat it up with a spoon!"

I think he started backing slowly away...
Ah the Scottish accent ...the problem we have...being too nice and lovely to listen too..the spell we cast is a burden we just have to bear
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
Ah the Scottish accent ...the problem we have...being too nice and lovely to listen too..the spell we cast is a burden we just have to bear
I love the Scottish accent...so sexy.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Oh yeah!!!! And I don't mean Irn-bru's (lol sorry you're not my type). Now my sweet Scottish lad.... yep.. yep...
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:46 am

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone except mine, as a weird mixture of Irish and southern Scotland, very low in decibel, I hate hearing myself speak
I love Desmonds' accent out of Lost..so sexy he has me
http://tviv.org/Lost/Desmond
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:47 am

Oh yeah!!!! And I don't mean Irn-bru's (lol sorry you're not my type).
I'm heartbroken

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

I'm heartbroken

Better than being horrified - if I'd said you were
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Everyone except mine, as a weird mixture of Irish and southern Scotland, very low in decibel, I hate hearing myself speak
I love Desmonds' accent out of Lost..so sexy he has me
http://tviv.org/Lost/Desmond
Oh, now how about a nice strong Glaswegan accent?

lolol we met a guy from there years and years ago in Germany, and I think the only words were ever were understood were his name (maybe) and "BEER!"
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:54 am

Oh, now how about a nice strong Glaswegan accent?

lolol we met a guy from there years and years ago in Germany, and I think the only words were ever were understood were his name (maybe) and "BEER!"
Glaswegian isn't strong (well I luv that accent so don't think it's strong or I'm just used to it )
now take someone from the northern Islands. Some of them I haven't a clue what they are talking about!
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Glaswegian isn't strong (well I luv that accent so don't think it's strong or I'm just used to it )
now take someone from the northern Islands. Some of them I haven't a clue what they are talking about!
Well maybe I have it wrong. It think it was not an educated person. Well whoever he was, he was quite nice and we couldn't understand a word he said.

Hmmm... maybe part was the beer...
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:58 am

Well maybe I have it wrong. It think it was not an educated person. Well whoever he was, he was quite nice and we couldn't understand a word he said.

Hmmm... maybe part was the beer...
I can understand any American having problems with a broad Scottish accent
Did the guy say he was from Glasgow?
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 1:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I can understand any American having problems with a broad Scottish accent
Did the guy say he was from Glasgow?
Oh yes, the in-laws-to-be are fun on the phone sometimes.

When I was telling Keith how the man pronounced his name and things, he said he sounded Glaswegan. I don't think he told me - long time ago. So I'm guessing.

Of course, if he had told me, I probably wouldn't have understood him
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 1:06 am

Oh yes, the in-laws-to-be are fun on the phone sometimes.
I have to make a conscious effort to talk slower to Americans so they understand me. We talk very fast

You probably think they like you, when really they are insulting you
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 1:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have to make a conscious effort to talk slower to Americans so they understand me. We talk very fast

You probably think they like you, when really they are insulting you
ROFL well you don't want to know why my then b/f was saying to annoying teenage girls in French. And it sounded lovely.

I'm told I talk fast lol. I don't think my Keith talks particularly fast, he has a nice soft voice and accent.

To my surprise, apparently his parents like me and approve. I thought they'd hate him coming over. So I don't THINK they're insulting me, but....
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 1:13 am

ROFL well you don't want to know why my then b/f was saying to annoying teenage girls in French. And it sounded lovely.

I'm told I talk fast lol. I don't think my Keith talks particularly fast, he has a nice soft voice and accent.

To my surprise, apparently his parents like me and approve. I thought they'd hate him coming over. So I don't THINK they're insulting me, but....
Nah they love you

Of course it has nothing to do with the Scottish scrooge mentality of having a free place to stay on holiday
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 1:22 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

zat rrright pally (hic)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.