Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British accents

British accents

Old Mar 21st 2007, 6:52 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute
Default British accents

Apologies if already posted somewhere - a lot of the same things that come up on here are mentioned in this article so thought it might be interesting if you haven't seen it yet:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6470095.stm
Old Mar 21st 2007, 6:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British accents

Originally Posted by neil
Apologies if already posted somewhere - a lot of the same things that come up on here are mentioned in this article so thought it might be interesting if you haven't seen it yet:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6470095.stm
My fiance (scottish) who will be a vet was told...

Now for you accent wh*ores who want to go off to the states and peddle your accents...

He was told he probably wouldn't have a problem finding a job "ooooh SCOTland"

gag lol
Old Mar 21st 2007, 7:21 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
My fiance (scottish) who will be a vet was told...

Now for you accent wh*ores who want to go off to the states and peddle your accents...

He was told he probably wouldn't have a problem finding a job "ooooh SCOTland"

gag lol
Not just for jobs - I found (back when I was single) it was much easier to get laid here in the US.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Not just for jobs - I found (back when I was single) it was much easier to get laid here in the US.
Well he'd BETTER NOT!!! Note word fiance!

I'm sure you're right - to his great disgust, all the teenage girls (don't ask why, I had a pack of them around) absolutely fawned over him - and tried to get him to recite Harry Potter lines.

And a nurse who he thanked for helping him "Oh I don't mind - I loved listening to you" LOLOL Never mind she could hardly understand a word.

He'll just have to concentrating on charming potential bosses.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 8:58 pm
Not here much

Originally Posted by Tracym
Well he'd BETTER NOT!!! Note word fiance!

I'm sure you're right - to his great disgust, all the teenage girls (don't ask why, I had a pack of them around) absolutely fawned over him - and tried to get him to recite Harry Potter lines.

And a nurse who he thanked for helping him "Oh I don't mind - I loved listening to you" LOLOL Never mind she could hardly understand a word.

He'll just have to concentrating on charming potential bosses.
Nothing wrong with flirting. A couple of weeks ago I had to point out to a gorgeous young girl (not that I'm that old but she was in her 20's and I'm not any more) that I had a wedding ring on. It didn't stop her trying though. The accent didn't play a part at first but I do wonder whether that was what kept her hanging around.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nothing wrong with flirting. A couple of weeks ago I had to point out to a gorgeous young girl (not that I'm that old but she was in her 20's and I'm not any more) that I had a wedding ring on. It didn't stop her trying though. The accent didn't play a part at first but I do wonder whether that was what kept her hanging around.
lol nothing wrong with flirting if I'm not watching

So now just how do I convince him that UK men CAN wear wedding rings?
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Whoopsie...I didn't notice your wedding ring Neil.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:02 pm
Not here much

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Whoopsie...I didn't notice your wedding ring Neil.
I said young...
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

I said young...
You asking for a slap
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:05 pm
Not here much

Originally Posted by britvic
You asking for a slap
That sort of thing doesn't really do it for me but thanks for offering.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

That sort of thing doesn't really do it for me but thanks for offering.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I said young...
...that's why I knew you were referring to me.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:08 pm
Not here much

I didn't realise you were asian and had an american accent. It was very nice to meet you.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

very good JG.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I didn't realise you were asian and had an american accent. It was very nice to meet you.
oh dear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.