Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

"Britain's Special Relationship With US Is Just a Myth"

"Britain's Special Relationship With US Is Just a Myth"

Old Dec 7th 2006, 11:53 pm
long live thefinest range

Location: Higham Ferrers, Northants to Spokane Washington and back again!!
Hayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Britain's Special Relationship With US Is Just a Myth"

Originally Posted by gardnma
I'll take a look. Cheers.
She never PM'd me back all insulted either....
I'm still laughing about it now!
Old Dec 7th 2006, 11:53 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Me too...he's a twat.

Who's a twat? I'm sure I misunderstood.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 11:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
Who's a twat? I'm sure I misunderstood.
No I think you know exactly what I meant.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 11:56 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kate2112
No I have 100% Irish genes from my parents.
OK so the Irish were scared shitless and the Brits weren't during the IRA's bombing campaigns.......were the fuses too short or something?
Old Dec 7th 2006, 11:59 pm
Banned

Hank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really nice

This has been a riot folks, but I must be going now. Maybe I'll look in again sometime and see what you crazy Brits are up to.

Cheerio and pip pip.....
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hank76
This has been a riot folks, but I must be going now. Maybe I'll look in again sometime and see what you crazy Brits are up to.

Cheerio and pip pip.....
I hope you are banned and your normal username is banned too.

Sorry I forgot....TWAT
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:00 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Cheerio and pip pip.....
Fuck off you humourless wanker!!
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:01 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
OK so the Irish were scared shitless and the Brits weren't during the IRA's bombing campaigns.......were the fuses too short or something?
Whats the point
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kate2112
Whats the point
I wish I could think of a good collective group of letters to post for that sound made when you have to use your hand to stifle I laugh.

Abit like "Pfffffwb!!!"
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

Moving? has a reputation beyond reputeMoving? has a reputation beyond reputeMoving? has a reputation beyond reputeMoving? has a reputation beyond reputeMoving? has a reputation beyond reputeMoving? has a reputation beyond reputeMoving? has a reputation beyond reputeMoving? has a reputation beyond reputeMoving? has a reputation beyond reputeMoving? has a reputation beyond reputeMoving? has a reputation beyond repute

Cheerio and pip pip.....
I wonder where this guy was posting from? Can't a mod do an IP locate and tell us? I wonder if it was a yank from the Mildenhall base?

Anyway - yes... "Have a nice day now" - said in that fake American way...

You won't be missed if you don't look in again
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

angelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond repute

The IRA issue makes me so mad, the americans havent got a fing clue. Thye have no idea what real terrorism is about, apart from 9/11 they have never been attacked on their own soil (well sort of maybe if you count pearl harbour, even if they did steal hawaii from the locals) and their own wackos.
Yet they have the gall to bang on about global terror when they themselves support/ed it in the form of the IRA as just one of many examples. The same people that talk about the terror of al quaeda openly support/ed the IRA.
I met a woman in Portland Oregon who on finding I was English set about a lengthy tirade about their terror of the english, that we were the scum of the earth, that all english soldiers were faggots and should be shot on sight" Of course the woman was out of her mind. The scary thing was her telling me how as a very wealthy widow she regularly sent money to the boys back home in ireland.
She had never been to ireland
She had never been to England
She had no idea about any of the cities in Ireland
she had never heard of gerry adams
she had no idea that her money was being used to kill her own countrymen in ireland
she was probably only about 1/4 irish anyway
The one thing she did know was that those IRA boys were doing a great job dealing with thos faggot english people. Had she been saying the same thing about Al queada she would be in gitmo by now.

The sadder thing still is that when I went to Derry a few years ago I found the people to be incredibly warm and friendly towards me. The signs of the struggle are everywhere, giant murals on both sides of the line. The thing that shocked me was the huge fence dividing the city. How could one not feel division between your fellow people with giant fences, huge murals and signs everywhere of struggle and division.

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
I believe that the yanks have refused to extradite several such people (despite the fact they they are also here illegally ) in the past - though I might be wrong about this - I'll have to check.

The story about a guy in SF rings a bell.

Last edited by angelman; Dec 8th 2006 at 12:06 am.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:04 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Moving?
I wonder where this guy was posting from? Can't a mod do an IP locate and tell us? I wonder if it was a yank from the Mildenhall base?

Anyway - yes... "Have a nice day now" - said in that fake American way...

You won't be missed if you don't look in again
i suspect he will
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by TruBrit
i suspect he will
No he won't....not using this name.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:13 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
No he won't....not using this name.
hence my smiley
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:13 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angelman
The sadder thing still is that when I went to Derry a few years ago
:scared: Lucky you got out alive - real kip that place - wouldn;t let my dog stop off their for a dump - seriously.

As for the woman - well we export a nice line in gobshites who are happy to come over here and spin tales of murdering brits to the gullible locals.
Had a run in a while back with a little ****** from Dublin working on a food stall. He was wearing a nice Bobby Sands Hunger Strikers memorial t-shirt. Anyway I went up to order some grub. Think he was fine with my accent but then he clocked the fact that I was wearing a NI football top. He threw my order down on the counter and demanded the cash. At this point I asked him if he saw the irony in wearing a Hunger Strikers Memorial t-shirt whilst working serving food.
He didn't quite get my subtle line in humour but decided to call me ****** **** anyway. I went somewhere else for my lunch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.