Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Britain and Canada at war with the US

Britain and Canada at war with the US

Old Nov 20th 2005, 4:14 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Britain and Canada at war with the US

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I believe, we're still paying off lend/lease now
Bit like the yanks paying for Eyerack they'll be doing it for years
Old Nov 20th 2005, 4:17 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
Bit like the yanks paying for Eyerack they'll be doing it for years
Don't start me off.....

http://www.halliburtonwatch.org/news/audits.html

Try para. 3, and then spend a week reading this....it's fascinating
Old Nov 20th 2005, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

I believe, we're still paying off lend/lease now
I seem to remember, around H Wilson or maybe M Thatcher, reading or on the News, we had just finished paying off the War debt. Also remember reading, (opinion of the writer) that was it not odd the Yanks did not join the war & after the war ended we owed USA Billions of dollars.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 5:15 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Interesting hypothesis this one. So let's throw in.... the Japanese landed on the Aleutian islands, part of the US. Also hypothetically, without Canada, there would be no Alaskan Highway (built during the war). So scrub Alaska straight away.
I think the Japs would've been more inclined to venture into China and the Philippines. With the US fighting a home war they would've had little resistance.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 5:20 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
I think the Japs would've been more inclined to venture into China and the Philippines. With the US fighting a home war they would've had little resistance.
Nope, they actually landed on the Aleutians, Americans and Japanese fought and died on American soil....

Last edited by gruffbrown; Nov 20th 2005 at 5:31 am. Reason: aleutians, never been there!
Old Nov 20th 2005, 5:24 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Don't start me off.....

http://www.halliburtonwatch.org/news/audits.html

Try para. 3, and then spend a week reading this....it's fascinating
100 million difference, easy mistake to make. If you totally incompetant and a total f**king useless moron. Who gives these people their f**king jobs? More to the point, who lets them keep their jobs?
Old Nov 20th 2005, 5:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by frrussre
I seem to remember, around H Wilson or maybe M Thatcher, reading or on the News, we had just finished paying off the War debt. Also remember reading, (opinion of the writer) that was it not odd the Yanks did not join the war & after the war ended we owed USA Billions of dollars.

Reg. Frank R.
Harold Wilson...greatest ever Russian!!!

Ohh did I go off topic?
Old Nov 20th 2005, 5:32 am

100 million difference, easy mistake to make. If you totally incompetant and a total f**king useless moron. Who gives these people their f**king jobs? More to the point, who lets them keep their jobs?
You've got to love the 3.6 million expense bill at the Kuwait Hilton, some Mini bar....
Old Nov 20th 2005, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

The China fing , may of been a positive.
reg.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 5:39 am
Account Closed

Nope, they actually landed on the Aleuitans, Americans and Japanese fought and died on American soil....
Yes, that was in WW2, I believe after the US and the Japs were officially at war. If the US was not at war with the Japs but was at war with UK and Canada they would have a complete free reign in China and Philippines.

Basically saying, if they werent themselves at war with the US then I dont personally see a need for them to expediate forces to the Aleutians. i think the Japs would have steamrolled through Manchuria, The Philippines and even (as they did) go for Singapore. that would have brought them into conflict with the British and who knows, they may even ended up figting WITH the us. You never know what bedfellows you're going to end up with in global conflict. I don't think Frank and Winston thought they'd be sleeping so intimately with Uncle Joe in 1939.

But you could just as easily be right, its all hypothetical.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 5:42 am
Account Closed

You've got to love the 3.6 million expense bill at the Kuwait Hilton, some Mini bar....
Was it the mini bar or the bill for USAF "friendly fire"?

"Well godamn it Sir, it looked like a godamn mutha f**kin' mobile scud launcher through my Ray Bans Aviators"!!!
Old Nov 20th 2005, 5:44 am

Yes, that was in WW2, I believe after the US and the Japs were officially at war. If the US was not at war with the Japs but was at war with UK and Canada they would have a complete free reign in China and Philippines.

Basically saying, if they werent themselves at war with the US then I dont personally see a need for them to expediate forces to the Aleutians. i think the Japs would have steamrolled through Manchuria, The Philippines and even (as they did) go for Singapore. that would have brought them into conflict with the British and who knows, they may even ended up figting WITH the us. You never know what bedfellows you're going to end up with in global conflict. I don't think Frank and Winston thought they'd be sleeping so intimately with Uncle Joe in 1939.

But you could just as easily be right, its all hypothetical.
LOL, I bet you play Risk?
Old Nov 20th 2005, 6:28 am
Account Closed

LOL, I bet you play Risk?
Never heard of it. Seriously. A game I take it.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 6:30 am

Never heard of it. Seriously. A game I take it.
'World Domination, Blah, Blah ,Blah' is the punchline
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all

US and the UK "were cigars and a wheel chair" across the sea not "hands"!!!
as was quoted in WW2.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.