Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Britain and Canada at war with the US

Britain and Canada at war with the US

Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:39 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Britain and Canada at war with the US

Originally Posted by steve of 5-0
No, No, No -

1930 - US invades Canada because Quebec declares unilateral independence which would threaten US`s northern trade/economy.
UK successfully gets assurances that US action is aimed at Quebec`s actions.
US requests that their "police action" be noted as localised to a corridor to the Quebec area, to control industries that might destabilise theirs, UK accepts this explanation and stands down.

1931 - Quebec call to France for help is answered with a seaborne invasion of southern New Brunswick and a march to relieve Quebec by the French.
Canada and UK declare war on France.

1932 - Germany invades Rhineland. UK and Germany bomb France relentlessly from the air. Spanish civil war cancelled due to no interest!!!

1933 - US forces allied with a small UK force besiege the French Expeditionary Forces at Quebec, French surrender as usual.

1934 - US purchases all of Canada north and east of Buffalo/Niagara!!!
After all they bought Alaska from Russia in 1874!

1935 - Germany occupies France with the US and UK`s goodwill.

France kept in its place. We all enjoy holidays in Germany and the USA
LOL, or any combination of those scenarios ends in a French surrender....(here we go again)
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

Roadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by steve of 5-0
No, No, No -

1930 - US invades Canada because Quebec declares unilateral independence which would threaten US`s northern trade/economy.
UK successfully gets assurances that US action is aimed at Quebec`s actions.
US requests that their "police action" be noted as localised to a corridor to the Quebec area, to control industries that might destabilise theirs, UK accepts this explanation and stands down.

1931 - Quebec call to France for help is answered with a seaborne invasion of southern New Brunswick and a march to relieve Quebec by the French.
Canada and UK declare war on France.

1932 - Germany invades Rhineland. UK and Germany bomb France relentlessly from the air. Spanish civil war cancelled due to no interest!!!

1933 - US forces allied with a small UK force besiege the French Expeditionary Forces at Quebec, French surrender as usual.

1934 - US purchases all of Canada north and east of Buffalo/Niagara!!!
After all they bought Alaska from Russia in 1874!

1935 - Germany occupies France with the US and UK`s goodwill.

France kept in its place. We all enjoy holidays in Germany and the USA
Richtig!

How many men does it take to defend Paris?
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:43 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadster280

I believe the standard answer to that one is who knows? - it's never been tried.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:45 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
I believe the standard answer to that one is who knows? - it's never been tried.
Hang on, let me just dig out the French surrender jokes....it's a big file
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

Roadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to behold

Oh it has been tried, just never achieved!

Quote from a (US) friend:

President Bush has authorized the Joint Chiefs to begin drawing up a
battle plan to pull France's ass out of the fire again. Facing an
apparent overwhelming force of up to 400 pissed off teenagers Mr. Bush doubts France's ability to hold off the little pissants. "Hell, if the last two
world wars are any indication, I would expect France to surrender any day
now", said Bush. Joint Chiefs head, Gen. Peter Pace, warned the President that it might be necessary to send up to 5 marines to get things under
control. The general admitted that 5 marines may be overkill but he
wanted to get this thing under control within 24 hours of arriving on scene. He
stated he was having a hard time finding even one marine to help those
ungrateful bastards out for a third time but thought that he could
persuade a few women marines to do the job before they went on pregnancy leave.

President Bush asked Gen. Pace to get our marines out of there as soon
as possible after order was restored. He also reminded Gen. Pace to make
sure the marines did not take soap, razors, or deodorant with them. The
least they stand out the better.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all

Richtig!

They are all trapped at Quebec, so they call on the cast of BBCtv`s `Allo `Allo, they tricked those nasty Nazis into retreating from Paris!!!
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all

Allo, Allo, Allo Monsieur. I had a cunning plan and it worked, to turn this thread into an attack on the Onion Chompers!!!
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:50 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Oh it has been tried, just never achieved!
Slightly OT: when we were kids (I believe you're the same age as me) it was always the Italians who were the butt of jokes about cowardice, being crap at fighting, etc, rather than the French. Is it just since France declined to join in the Iraq do that they've been portrayed as the world's chickens (or poulets), or was I simply unaware of it before?
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

Slightly OT: when we were kids (I believe you're the same age as me) it was always the Italians who were the butt of jokes about cowardice, being crap at fighting, etc, rather than the French. Is it just since France declined to join in the Iraq do that they've been portrayed as the world's chickens (or poulets), or was I simply unaware of it before?
The latter. they have always been chicken-livered yellow-bellied shitheads.

Much like the Italians in fact.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

I should I suppose, balance the issue with a joke -

What do you call one Brit? - A Gentlemen.

What do you call one German? - A Soldier.

Two Brits? - A Club.

Two Germans? - An Army.

Three Brits? - An Empire.

Three Germans? - An Invasion!!! :scared:
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:53 am
A lion in your lap

they have always been chicken-livered yellow-bellied shitheads.
Come on now, don't sit on the fence, what do you really think about the French?
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Please, please let me contribute -

Nice country, shame the French live there!
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

Well, Vichy France, come on now! Collaborating filth.

I had the honour to serve with the Foreign Legion in the UN Forces however, and they are a different kettle of fish. But they arent French!

Come to think of it, I had some good chips in Paris once too. But on the whole, it's not for me. Sorry if I offended anyone. (But I crossed my fingers while typing it, so it doesnt count!)

Last edited by Roadster280; Nov 20th 2005 at 2:09 am.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
Interesting article, and when you think back to the American reluctance to join the war against the Nazi's at the beginning of the Second World then it adds even more credence to the whole thing. Were the Americans more than happy to see the UK's defences weakened and was it only the Japanese bombing Pearl Harbor that changed things ?
I agree with those who reckon the Empires Indian troops would have given the Americans a good hiding..... Every time I take my American friends for a curry they always end up on the run

I believe, prior to WW11, GB was the richest country in the world & had the largest navy. USA held off in WW11, they sold us vast amounts of equipment. We ended the war owing billions$ to Yanks, still paying them in 70's No more GB, being rich. Makes ya wonder. I wonder how many younger members remember, £ Sterling , was the international trading currency of the world, not that long ago.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by frrussre
I believe, prior to WW11, GB was the richest country in the world & had the largest navy. USA held off in WW11, they sold us vast amounts of equipment. We ended the war owing billions$ to Yanks, still paying them in 70's No more GB, being rich. Makes ya wonder. I wonder how many younger members remember, £ Sterling , was the international trading currency of the world, not that long ago.
Reg. Frank R.
I believe, we're still paying off lend/lease now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.