Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Brit Realtor in Sarasota

Brit Realtor in Sarasota

Old Jun 5th 2010, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

compqueenusa is a name known to allcompqueenusa is a name known to allcompqueenusa is a name known to allcompqueenusa is a name known to allcompqueenusa is a name known to allcompqueenusa is a name known to allcompqueenusa is a name known to allcompqueenusa is a name known to allcompqueenusa is a name known to allcompqueenusa is a name known to allcompqueenusa is a name known to all
Default Brit Realtor in Sarasota

Hello!

We intend to get down to the Sarasota area this summer to really check out the area and nearby neighbourhoods to hopefully find an area we want to move to.

So having said that, can anyone recommend a good British realtor for that area? I would really prefer to deal with a Brit to ensure we're on the wavelength and to get some really good advice on neighbourhoods that will fit us

Any recommendations would be great!

thanks
Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brit Realtor in Sarasota

Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by compqueenusa
I would really prefer to deal with a Brit to ensure we're on the wavelength and to get some really good advice on neighbourhoods that will fit us.
I take it y'don't much care for American realtors, eh? Worm sweat, are they?

Ian
Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

compqueenusa is a name known to allcompqueenusa is a name known to allcompqueenusa is a name known to allcompqueenusa is a name known to allcompqueenusa is a name known to allcompqueenusa is a name known to allcompqueenusa is a name known to allcompqueenusa is a name known to allcompqueenusa is a name known to allcompqueenusa is a name known to allcompqueenusa is a name known to all

Let's just say I want to be sure that I'm not being "sold" something not 100% right for me and that whatever advice a realtor is giving me is really customized advice for me ... I think I'll be more sure of that from a fellow brit

I also think that a fellow brit who has adult experience of england & europe will be able to easily understand what I'm looking for and will be able to guide me in the right direction of where to buy
Old Jun 6th 2010, 1:27 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Too bad you're not moving to Naples.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 1:47 am
Just Joined

I think Naples is a little further south than I'm aiming for, even though it sounds lovely
Old Jun 6th 2010, 1:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
Too bad you're not moving to Naples.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 6:10 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

My late mum used to say, "There's good and bad in all races." Experience has taught me that she was right, and realtors are a very accurate way of finding the bad in every single one. Since moving to the US, I've learned a very useful acronym. BOHICA. You might want to look it up.

Seriously, though, I'd advise ditching the Brit requirement. When we were seeking our first mortgage over here, we encountered several Brits (operating out of the UK or FL), who were all thieving Gypsy bastards, a number of Yanks who were likewise, and some Yanks who were not. We went with a Yank.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 2:52 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I think Naples is a little further south than I'm aiming for, even though it sounds lovely
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=669421

Ian
Old Jun 6th 2010, 8:09 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Let's just say I want to be sure that I'm not being "sold" something not 100% right for me and that whatever advice a realtor is giving me is really customized advice for me ... I think I'll be more sure of that from a fellow brit

I also think that a fellow brit who has adult experience of england & europe will be able to easily understand what I'm looking for and will be able to guide me in the right direction of where to buy

You are very naive ...
I hate to tell you this but most of the realtor who get jailed in florida or are on the run are Brits

Realty in Florida is a scammers delight and you have told us you are ripe for the picking ...
Old Jun 7th 2010, 3:56 am
Just Joined

Well thanks for some enlightening responses. I retract my request.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 4:06 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Well thanks for some enlightening responses. I retract my request.
I found you something....

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...786_1118384506
Old Jun 7th 2010, 4:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
so helpful. thanks. really. thanks.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 1:35 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry bit off-topic, can't help with the Realtor thing, just wanted to say how much we enjoy Sarasota when we were there visiting. Lovely place. Best of luck with your intended move.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 1:37 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Single family residence A family could live in that for years and never ever bump into each other.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.