Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Brit Pubs in Denver ?

Brit Pubs in Denver ?

Old Oct 15th 2010, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brit Pubs in Denver ?

I'm visiting Denver for a few days and wondering if theres any Brit pubs ? Seems theres allsorts of other pubs including the 'tilted kilt' a shooters type themed bar with scantily clad young ladies wearing mini kilts and not a lot else.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 3:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brit Pubs in Denver ?

After some nasty experiences I avoid anything suggestive of a Brit Pub in the US.

The ones on the Costas weren't any better.

Plenty of brewpubs however..
Old Oct 15th 2010, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Boiler
After some nasty experiences I avoid anything suggestive of a Brit Pub in the US.

Plenty of brewpubs however..
I don't know what you are looking for in your Brit Pub, but like Boiler, I avoid them all-- nothing but overpriced beer, poor food and cheesy decor.

With that being said, there are quite a few to choose from in the Downtown area: Nallan's, Fados, Celtic Tavern, British Bulldog and Pint's Pub. Just out of the downtown area you have the Irish Snug, Streets of London and the Irish Rover. Out west in Lakewood there is the Baker Street.

Personally, if I go to a Brit/Irish bar then I only ever venture into Nallan's (14th and Market) these days. Happy Hour is 2-7. However, like Boiler, I much prefer the brewpubs-- Colorado is home to lots of great local beers!
Old Oct 15th 2010, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

A good few years ago now but I liked the Wynkoop Brewery while waiting for trains: http://www.wynkoop.com/ - serves some passable Brit-ish ales.

Given the construction going on at the Amtrak station across the street, I don't know what kind of atmosphere there is now!

Last edited by GeoffM; Oct 15th 2010 at 9:48 am. Reason: Beer
Old Oct 15th 2010, 1:32 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Come round my house. It smells like a brewery from the other night. Ooo, my head.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

cool guys thanks for the info. b/f says hes got some ideas but we'll take a lookie around i guess.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 3:48 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Forget about themed Ye Olde Blighty Pub crap, Denver is God's own country when it comes to American microbrew. Here's a good list:
http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/State...s/Denver/6.htm

Check out the Falling Rock ( http://www.fallingrocktaphouse.com/ ) which has 80 taps. There's also a bunch of great brewpubs like Great Divide and Flying Dog.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 5:18 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you go to Denver and look for a cheesy Brit lookalike pub?
Old Oct 17th 2010, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Leyther
I don't know what you are looking for in your Brit Pub, but like Boiler, I avoid them all-- nothing but overpriced beer, poor food and cheesy decor.
That certainly describes out local Brit's Bar It even has a bowling green.
The Irish bars around here aren't bad though - The Local sells more Jamison's than anywhere else in the world.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Bladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of light

The British Bulldog is the only authentic Brit pub as far as I know. Although I don't think it is still British owned, they open early for the footie. A bit of a dive but fun too. I was there for the St George's day celebration and had a good laugh.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 4:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bladerunner
The British Bulldog is the only authentic Brit pub as far as I know. Although I don't think it is still British owned, they open early for the footie. A bit of a dive but fun too. I was there for the St George's day celebration and had a good laugh.
Just looked at their web site, tell you to stop reading now if you do not know who the Arse are and then use Soccer?

And mention of Fullers on a hand pump?, impossible.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 4:47 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Just looked at their web site, tell you to stop reading now if you do not know who the Arse are and then use Soccer?

And mention of Fullers on a hand pump?, impossible.
Aren't Fullers one of the guilty parties when it comes to exporting fake beer engines? Sure I read that somewhere...