British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Brit in Melville? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/brit-melville-394137/)

Andy_LongIsland Sep 1st 2006 4:28 pm

Brit in Melville?

Anyone driving a white land cruiser today near Melville? Had GB and NZ stickers on the back :) Anyone ere? :beer:

blaze Sep 1st 2006 5:55 pm

Re: Brit in Melville?

Originally Posted by Andy_LongIsland
Anyone driving a white land cruiser today near Melville? Had GB and NZ stickers on the back :) Anyone ere? :beer:

Nope, not me! :)

Ben Sep 1st 2006 8:03 pm

Where in Melville did you see it? Haven't seen it yet but hubby works down that way so will keep a look out for it.

Andy_LongIsland Sep 1st 2006 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Ben
Where in Melville did you see it? Haven't seen it yet but hubby works down that way so will keep a look out for it.

Although I was using the GPS and not paying attention to any names of the roads I was on, I'm pretty sure it was the Northern Parkway.

I was just coming from an interview :D

Rete Sep 1st 2006 8:15 pm

Although I was using the GPS and not paying attention to any names of the roads I was on, I'm pretty sure it was the Northern Parkway.

That's Northern State Parkway, my friend ;-)

We have a few here in neighborhood. One parks her car at the train station with a license plate "britgal" and her union jack decal on the window. Don't know if that is wise in our neighborhood of Irishmen though.

Andy_LongIsland Sep 1st 2006 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Rete
That's Northern State Parkway, my friend ;-)

We have a few here in neighborhood. One parks her car at the train station with a license plate "britgal" and her union jack decal on the window. Don't know if that is wise in our neighborhood of Irishmen though.

That's the one! I don't know any roads around here I just reply on my friend Garmin! ;) Never drive anywhere without it :D

Ben Sep 1st 2006 9:13 pm

Oooh, and how was the interview? Hope it went well.

If you were on the Northern State then they could live anywhere from Port Jeff to off the island. We don't have anything on our cars to show who we are.

Andy_LongIsland Sep 1st 2006 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Ben
Oooh, and how was the interview? Hope it went well.

If you were on the Northern State then they could live anywhere from Port Jeff to off the island. We don't have anything on our cars to show who we are.

Good thanks, got another one Tuesday, looks really good and the money is fantastic as well as full benefits etc) so sounds great to me! We wanna move out to Suffolk so perfect location too :)

Ben Sep 1st 2006 10:50 pm

Good thanks, got another one Tuesday, looks really good and the money is fantastic as well as full benefits etc) so sounds great to me! We wanna move out to Suffolk so perfect location too :)

If the job is in Melville, yes it is. that's where hubby works and it's just 20 minutes from home. So handy :)

Do you have any idea where in Suffolk you fancy moving to? There are a lot of places that are just great and if you have schools to consider too, many of the school districts are wonderful :)

Andy_LongIsland Sep 2nd 2006 1:43 am

Originally Posted by Ben
If the job is in Melville, yes it is. that's where hubby works and it's just 20 minutes from home. So handy :)

Do you have any idea where in Suffolk you fancy moving to? There are a lot of places that are just great and if you have schools to consider too, many of the school districts are wonderful :)

Hehe might end up being work colleagues! ;)

No schools to consider for us, we just want a large house in a wooded area with no neighbours, low taxes and a pool :D Seen a load on Optimum houses we like, just gotta save some money now :)

Ben Sep 2nd 2006 2:11 am

Hehe might end up being work colleagues! ;)

No schools to consider for us, we just want a large house in a wooded area with no neighbours, low taxes and a pool :D Seen a load on Optimum houses we like, just gotta save some money now :)

You want something like that I bet you will end up further east than us! High taxes and lots of neighbours here.