Reload this Page >

Brit food in supermarkets

Brit food in supermarkets

Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:11 am
Just Joined

angel uk-tn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pictures of the Brit Shelves

Originally Posted by franc111s
this is a "view" of the shelves in our local (Alpharetta, GA) Publix.

Enjoy
Heinz baked beans, Ambrosia Rice Pudding and VIMTO!!!!! MMMmmmmmm

Not on the same plate of course...

Thanks for sharing!!
Old Aug 20th 2009, 9:48 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brit food in supermarkets

Pot Noodles wasn't a British Invention if I remember. I see them on sale in all the Asian/Korean stores around here. Gotta "guess" the flavor though but then it's a Pot Noodle, not designed to win a Best taste Food Category I might pick one up and see!

냄비 국수

And the translation is .... HERE
They're not Pot Noodles, just noodles in pots. Accept no imitation...

Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:28 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angel uk-tn

Does anyone know where I can pick up some decent sausages - I'm missing cumberland sausage with mashed potatoe, gravy and mushy peas.
Trader Joes does some alright chicken ones, not the same, but good at least. Whole Foods also do some decent ones, little pricey though.

If your up in Maine, there's a co-op in Belfast that makes fantastic sausages, the bloke will even custom make them for you if you give him a couple days notice and he does all kinds which were lovely.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 8:39 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

Our WHole Foods Market sell Irish Bangers. Check out your whole foods. Fruit Pastilles yesterday pulled out my temporary Crown and the pain to put it back was excruciating

I get Brown sauce, Branston pickle and Yorkshire Tea bags from our local Publix - it's great!

There is a store here called 'World Market' and they have a curry sauce that is actually made in my small home town back in England - it made me smile when I saw that.

I also picked up some Rowntrees Fruit Pastelles - sigh.

American beef is lovely but I don't half miss our british bacon and british sausages.

Does anyone know where I can pick up some decent sausages - I'm missing cumberland sausage with mashed potatoe, gravy and mushy peas.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 8:40 pm

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

I buy, from my local Indian Store, Heinz beans by the case, for $22 for a case of 24. That's cheaper than the local beans
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 9:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bob
Trader Joes does some alright chicken ones, not the same, but good at least. Whole Foods also do some decent ones, little pricey though.

If your up in Maine, there's a co-op in Belfast that makes fantastic sausages, the bloke will even custom make them for you if you give him a couple days notice and he does all kinds which were lovely.
Cool thanks for that, I'm not in Maine but I'll see if there is a Whole foods in our area.

I've come to expect pricey. The British section in Publix sets us back a bit.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 9:37 am
Just Joined

Our WHole Foods Market sell Irish Bangers. Check out your whole foods. Fruit Pastilles yesterday pulled out my temporary Crown and the pain to put it back was excruciating
Excellent - I must check this Whole foods place out.

As for your crown .... OUICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:20 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy
If you enlarge the photo on the far right, and then look on the top shelf, on the left hand side - you can see the BEEF OXO's!!!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

Fresh n easy has some decent sausages (think style, but pretty close to decent UK ones). They also do "thick" bacon - great stuff with ketchup
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:25 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emailrob
Fresh n easy has some decent sausages (think style, but pretty close to decent UK ones). They also do "thick" bacon - great stuff with ketchup
I like American bacon. Oh the horra!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mallory
I like American bacon. Oh the horra!
I actually like both. Nice to mix it up a bit!

and I may have mentioned it on this thread already, but fresh n easy fresh tapioca and rice pudding are lovely. I tried the trader's ones this week and (although my wife preferred them) I found them to be too sweet and gloopy.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Craig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really nice

Enjoy
I want some Irn Bru

Krogers here in Fort Worth have a British section, but it was expensive. Something that would cost £1 back home, they were charging $6 for it
Old Sep 7th 2009, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

orangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to behold

YES! Our local Publix has got a British section at last!
Old Sep 8th 2009, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Hey I went to whole foods and got some Irish Bangers - they look good. I haven't eaten them yet but I will do soon with mashed potatoes, mushy peas and oxo gravy (both from Publix). Drooool.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 9:16 pm

Hey I went to whole foods and got some Irish Bangers - they look good. I haven't eaten them yet but I will do soon with mashed potatoes, mushy peas and oxo gravy (both from Publix). Drooool.
Our whole foods does Irish Bangers too - I think I'm going to make some toad-in-the-hole. Thanks for the idea

I think now there are so many Publix with a brit section, if you have a Publix without, go ask the manager to contact one of the Publix's that does and he will try to accommodate. No skin off his back Spread the word.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.