Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Brit food in supermarkets

Brit food in supermarkets

Old Aug 7th 2009, 3:18 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brit food in supermarkets

Only one of my local Publix has British food and I have 4 around here. It doesn't have a full blown British section though just a couple of shelves in the Ethnic food aisle.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Dewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud of

Wegmans near Dulles town center in Sterling, VA, has a British/Irish section. Ooyah beauty they have a product search that can narrow down to specific products and brands. Scrolly down and look on the left.

Last edited by Dewey; Aug 7th 2009 at 7:36 pm.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 11:12 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Same here, my local commissary has a great Brit food selection, pricey though, I bought a chunk of lamb there the other day $14.75 for just over 2lb My son loves the hobnobs and the crunchie's though. They don't always have the same stuff, and can't seem to find Bisto anywhere except online!
Best lamb by far is at Costco. Fresh legs and Chops. V. reasonably priced. New Zealand but it cooks up a treat on a Sunday. I grow fresh Rosemary here in ATL and Mmmmm...
Old Aug 7th 2009, 11:13 pm

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
Only one of my local Publix has British food and I have 4 around here. It doesn't have a full blown British section though just a couple of shelves in the Ethnic food aisle.
That's how it started here. A few things but now our own section. Call yourpublix and demand a proper section. Nothing to lose
Old Aug 9th 2009, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc111s
Best lamb by far is at Costco. Fresh legs and Chops. V. reasonably priced. New Zealand but it cooks up a treat on a Sunday. I grow fresh Rosemary here in ATL and Mmmmm...
We have Sams here, but I don't think we have Costco. Lamb is my favorite meat by far, but hubby doesn't like it, unless it is in a curry
Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

ok, so here's a Costco question for y'all, do you really find it cheaper than Walmart?

I went to one when I lived in London with someone that had a card and I found the meat and veg to be more expensive than Sainsburys, is that the case here?
Old Aug 10th 2009, 12:23 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
ok, so here's a Costco question for y'all, do you really find it cheaper than Walmart?

I went to one when I lived in London with someone that had a card and I found the meat and veg to be more expensive than Sainsburys, is that the case here?
I don't find either Sams or Costco cheap to be honest, even though Wal-Mart us owned by Sams Club, its still way cheaper and you know that Wal-Mart owns Asda!
Old Aug 10th 2009, 4:00 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

i had a good shopping day yesterday. Giant Eagle were shutting down some lines of english stuff (stuff that normally i just wouldnt buy because of the price). Walkers white chocolate shortcake cookies were $1 packet - and Grren and Black's organic chocolate was 87 cents a bar. Bought quite a few for the cupboard!
Old Aug 10th 2009, 1:39 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
i had a good shopping day yesterday. Giant Eagle were shutting down some lines of english stuff (stuff that normally i just wouldnt buy because of the price). Walkers white chocolate shortcake cookies were $1 packet - and Grren and Black's organic chocolate was 87 cents a bar. Bought quite a few for the cupboard!
Don't you just love it when that happens, christmas comes early lol
Old Aug 11th 2009, 5:24 pm

Cool Pictures of the Brit Shelves

this is a "view" of the shelves in our local (Alpharetta, GA) Publix.

Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails Brit food in supermarkets-img_0185.jpg   Brit food in supermarkets-img_0186.jpg   Brit food in supermarkets-img_0187.jpg  
Old Aug 11th 2009, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Those prices are cheaper than the ones at the supermarket in Majorca that was near my hotel when I was on a self catering holiday a few weeks ago!
Old Aug 12th 2009, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

coachd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pictures of the Brit Shelves

this is a "view" of the shelves in our local (Alpharetta, GA) Publix.

Enjoy
OMG!!!

Paxo stuffing mix, IRN BRU!!!

Almost heaven!!! lol
Old Aug 12th 2009, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Wilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pictures of the Brit Shelves

Originally Posted by coachd
OMG!!!

Paxo stuffing mix, IRN BRU!!!

Almost heaven!!! lol
Wow that looks amazing!

We have a couple of World Market shops in Pensacola, they have cadburys choc, Heinz beans and Patak's curry sauces ($4 a pop!)
Old Aug 12th 2009, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

sailorgal is an unknown quantity at this point

My local QFC/Kroger (WA state) now has a Brit section, although it seems to be filled with a "store brand" of favorite British products by a company called Norfolk Manor. The only thing I've tried - the wine gums - were absolutely horrid, nothing like the real thing!

Cost Plus/World Market still seems to have the best selection of Brit stuff, and it's always fresh/unexpired. They have a lot of sweets, biscuits, canned goods and indian foods. Trader Joe's also has the best premade Naan bread I've had since I've been here (in the frozen section).

Another random find - if you're near an Asian grocery store/market, look for something in the candy section called "FruTips" that comes in a tube. They are exactly the same (even down to the packaging) as Rowntrees fruit pastilles.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

nooj has a brilliant futurenooj has a brilliant futurenooj has a brilliant futurenooj has a brilliant futurenooj has a brilliant futurenooj has a brilliant future

Seems to be, more and more supermarkets here in Atlanta area have a British section in your average supermarket. Many of the Kroger and Publix supermarkets. ALl been happening in last 12 months.

ANyone else been seeing the same?
whereabouts in Atlanta area? I tried Delk Road and East Piedmont in Cobb with no luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.