Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Brit food in supermarkets

Brit food in supermarkets

Old Aug 6th 2009, 12:34 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold
Default Brit food in supermarkets

Seems to be, more and more supermarkets here in Atlanta area have a British section in your average supermarket. Many of the Kroger and Publix supermarkets. ALl been happening in last 12 months.

ANyone else been seeing the same?
Old Aug 6th 2009, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

20masonroad will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Brit food in supermarkets

I see "Coleman's Mustard" has made to the shelves of our grocery store (Hy-vee) here in Olathe Kansas......
Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

orangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I keep hearing it from loads of people "they've got a british section in publix now". Keep looking for it in my local one but not seen it.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:26 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by orangemirror
Yeah I keep hearing it from loads of people "they've got a british section in publix now". Keep looking for it in my local one but not seen it.
Get their food product manager to call the manager at Publix in Alpharetta... Might work, they are their to please the customer ... Don't ask, don't get

Publix Super Markets: Information - www.publix.com
4305 State Bridge Rd, Alpharetta - (770) 751-7991
Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:39 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orangemirror
Depends on the Geographic area, wether there will be a British section, if you don't have that section and can find enough expats, that would buy, they will cut in a shelf for you, (normally)
Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm....if only we had a publix down our way

Stop n Shop have a Brit section, but $6 for a pack of Hobnobs? I don't think so...$8 for Robinsons? Not that desperate.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

orangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by franc111s
Get their food product manager to call the manager at Publix in Alpharetta... Might work, they are their to please the customer ... Don't ask, don't get

Publix Super Markets: Information - www.publix.com
4305 State Bridge Rd, Alpharetta - (770) 751-7991
Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Depends on the Geographic area, wether there will be a British section, if you don't have that section and can find enough expats, that would buy, they will cut in a shelf for you, (normally)
Cool, might try that. Thanks guys!
Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:25 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
Hmmm....if only we had a publix down our way

Stop n Shop have a Brit section, but $6 for a pack of Hobnobs? I don't think so...$8 for Robinsons? Not that desperate.
Try Shaw's, still pricey though.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 4:13 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoB1833
Try Shaw's, still pricey though.
The one in Freeport Maine ain't to bad and has a great selection....our local one, it's miles away and utterly shite....fab for Brazilian stuff though
Old Aug 6th 2009, 5:46 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Shopping Giant, Acme and Meijers stores have been slowly improving since I moved here 9 years ago
Old Aug 7th 2009, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Lovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really niceLovin_it_ere is just really nice

I just go to either the AirForce Academy or Peterson AF base to get my English food, shame they don't sell sausages there. The British Shoppe in Colorado Springs is very expensive for them.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

I was at a Wholefood in Birmingham this week and they had a British section which was reasonably priced.

I got Nairns Mini oatcakes on sale (and still well within the use by date) and digestives for about $3.70, still pricey but a lot less than I've seen in other places. They had colemans, hob nobs, chocoloate buttons and a whole bunch of other stuff.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Not so much in Publix, but our local Sweetbay has a reasonable British section...heinz beans, yorkie bars, hobnobs, pg tips, good selection of Pataks indian stuff, etc.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lovin_it_ere
I just go to either the AirForce Academy or Peterson AF base to get my English food, shame they don't sell sausages there. The British Shoppe in Colorado Springs is very expensive for them.
Same here, my local commissary has a great Brit food selection, pricey though, I bought a chunk of lamb there the other day $14.75 for just over 2lb My son loves the hobnobs and the crunchie's though. They don't always have the same stuff, and can't seem to find Bisto anywhere except online!
Old Aug 7th 2009, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

I have forewarned my family and I friends that I will expect care packages every so often to be sent to me with food and treats that I discover I can't get in Indiana! Everyone seems willing to comply...so far nut they don't know what postage will be!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.