Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bringing parent over to live

Bringing parent over to live

Old Feb 7th 2018, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bringing parent over to live

Originally Posted by Boiler
FY! President does not have dictatorial authority in the US.

The 1.8m are illegals brought by parents at a younger age, waivers can not be filed by children for parents.

I think you are talking about the DV which also includes diverse places like most of Europe specifically Ireland North and South.

I should have highlighted the relevant paragraph.

He would also reduce the types of relatives legal immigrants can sponsor for citizenship — including excluding their parents
Old Feb 7th 2018, 7:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bringing parent over to live

Has been discussed many times that there needs to be Immigration Reform and I think most people agree that non immediate relatives does not make much sense.

I know Canada banned Parent immigration for at least a while, personally I think some may be justified as long as you can show they will not become a public charge.

My Parents were comfortably off in the UK but would have been bankrupted if they had moved to the US.