Reload this Page >

Bringing in more than $10K cash

Bringing in more than $10K cash

Old Aug 5th 2011, 11:16 pm
Banned

Night Crawler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bringing in more than $10K cash

Originally Posted by Ray
Why would you go on a web site boasting about your crimes ....
It's not a crime. If you get caught as I have there will be no criminal charges, a mitigated penalty is the likely outcome. Meaning they may keep 10% of everything over the 10,000 you've declared.
Old Aug 5th 2011, 11:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Please disregard Night Crawler's posts...he's a previously banned troll.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

BILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Just spoke to hubby and he seems well aware of what needs to be done. He's been doing his own research as well. Taking money into Iran is no problem, we've both found out.

He will bring back whatever he can in cash (sounds like around $5,000 is allowed by Iran), and the rest he will manage to transfer...after comparing our research notes, it sounds like we both ended up on the same track.

That is, hopefully, if his property sells while he's there. Fingers crossed.

Thanks everyone for your support and input.

Rene
Hi Rene, a cousin of mine recently brought ~$25,000 from the UK. He was required to fill in (or out as we Yanks say) and the IO lady took him to a back room in secondary and counted it. No problems other than that though. By way of questioning it was just, "where are the funds from?" and "what you going to do with them?". All in all a 30 minute delay.

Good luck!
Old Aug 8th 2011, 1:06 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BILDER
Hi Rene, a cousin of mine recently brought ~$25,000 from the UK. He was required to fill in (or out as we Yanks say) and the IO lady took him to a back room in secondary and counted it. No problems other than that though. By way of questioning it was just, "where are the funds from?" and "what you going to do with them?". All in all a 30 minute delay.

Good luck!
Thanks for your input. I imagine they will scrutinize that much money coming from Iran, though, rather than the UK.

I've heard he can only take out $5,000 cash from Iran, anyway. Evidently there IS a way to transfer the rest...we are looking into it.

Thanks again
Rene