Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bring Driving License to Interview!

Bring Driving License to Interview!

Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:23 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 198
Mick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud of
Default Bring Driving License to Interview!

Received a plain envelope with a wee window in it, my name and address (well it would have, would it not?) Yellow paper, hands shaking!

Heavy large print at the top of page!
THIS IS NOT AN INTERVIEW NOTICE

Lots of crap, then Bring the following to your interview.... in a little sq. in the bottom, Your State issued Driving License!

I wonder why? I wonder if it to stop DUI convictions, not found, slipping by?
or, Suspended, or Revoked, Licenses?

Ideas?

Mick.
Mick1935 is offline  
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:45 pm
  #2  
MODERATOR
 
penguinsix's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Hong Kong, mostly.
Posts: 5,105
penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bring Driving License to Interview!

Did you send a copy of your drivers license in when you did the application? If so they may just be verifying the original license is a valid 'document' rather than a copy of a fake one (has been known to happen). I think they ask you to bring in the originals of any documents you may have submitted during the process for verification purposes. Not sure though.
penguinsix is offline  
Old Feb 14th 2011, 11:04 pm
  #3  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Dorset England.
Posts: 676
Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bring Driving License to Interview!

I think that in the US, a driving license stands for so much more .

ID etc ...perhaps it is just to check you are ,who you say you are ?

Nothing more than that perhaps ?
Gabgoeshome is offline  
Old Feb 14th 2011, 11:05 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 198
Mick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Bring Driving License to Interview!

Originally Posted by penguinsix View Post
Did you send a copy of your drivers license in when you did the application? If so they may just be verifying the original license is a valid 'document' rather than a copy of a fake one (has been known to happen). I think they ask you to bring in the originals of any documents you may have submitted during the process for verification purposes. Not sure though.
No, did not send copy, they did not ask for a copy. Your heart gives a little skip when you see the envelope! Guilty conscience?

Mick.
Mick1935 is offline  
Old Feb 14th 2011, 11:09 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 198
Mick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Bring Driving License to Interview!

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome View Post
I think that in the US, a driving license stands for so much more .

ID etc ...perhaps it is just to check you are ,who you say you are ?

Nothing more than that perhaps ?
How come you are going home? Thanks for your reply.

Mick.
Mick1935 is offline  
Old Feb 14th 2011, 11:30 pm
  #6  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Dorset England.
Posts: 676
Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bring Driving License to Interview!

Originally Posted by Mick1935 View Post
How come you are going home? Thanks for your reply.

Mick.
Oh ,we have just had enough lol !

I really don't think we thought this USA thing through properly KWIM ?

Not much in the way of family here , and I guess after 5 years we are missing home .

Our eldest son will be 13 this year we feel this is our last window for a LONG time

Oh, and we are in a small Indiana town
Gabgoeshome is offline  
Old Feb 14th 2011, 11:56 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 198
Mick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Bring Driving License to Interview!

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome View Post
Oh ,we have just had enough lol !

I really don't think we thought this USA thing through properly KWIM ?

Not much in the way of family here , and I guess after 5 years we are missing home .

Our eldest son will be 13 this year we feel this is our last window for a LONG time

Oh, and we are in a small Indiana town
With living in Aussie, for three years, I liked it, Wife hated it, drove me nuts! (now ex Wife) lived 35 years in Canada, in Orlando, since Dec 03, and the reason for that info?

I have seen lots of decisions, made because of Home sickness, not with intellect, a move to Orlando? Might be a cheaper move, and warmer!
Mick1935 is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2011, 12:19 am
  #8  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Dorset England.
Posts: 676
Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bring Driving License to Interview!

Originally Posted by Mick1935 View Post
With living in Aussie, for three years, I liked it, Wife hated it, drove me nuts! (now ex Wife) lived 35 years in Canada, in Orlando, since Dec 03, and the reason for that info?

I have seen lots of decisions, made because of Home sickness, not with intellect, a move to Orlando? Might be a cheaper move, and warmer!
Lol ...you are right, Orlando would be warmer .

Actually at this point we are not *that * homesick ...but ,I do not want to be here forever .

This is a chance to jump ship !

Oh ,and one massive point - my DH ,he was born and raised here ...the place is doing his head in (just a little bit )

I would be interested to hear WHAT the reason for your DL turns out to be
Gabgoeshome is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2011, 2:39 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 198
Mick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Bring Driving License to Interview!

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome View Post
Lol ...you are right, Orlando would be warmer .

Actually at this point we are not *that * homesick ...but ,I do not want to be here forever .

This is a chance to jump ship !

Oh ,and one massive point - my DH ,he was born and raised here ...the place is doing his head in (just a little bit )

I would be interested to hear WHAT the reason for your DL turns out to be
Yes, me too!! Will just have to wait and see. It has been stated b/4 here, that said other people had been asked about DLs been taken to the INTERVIEW! No one was even pitched out of the country!

So if I find out, I will pass it on, has any one been to an interview, and took their Driving Licenses? And why did they take them?

Have a great Valentines day.
Mick1935 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.