British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Bring Driving License to Interview! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/bring-driving-license-interview-705435/)

Mick1935 Feb 14th 2011 10:23 pm

Bring Driving License to Interview!
 
Received a plain envelope with a wee window in it, my name and address (well it would have, would it not?) Yellow paper, hands shaking!

Heavy large print at the top of page!
THIS IS NOT AN INTERVIEW NOTICE

Lots of crap, then Bring the following to your interview.... in a little sq. in the bottom, Your State issued Driving License!

I wonder why? I wonder if it to stop DUI convictions, not found, slipping by?
or, Suspended, or Revoked, Licenses?

Ideas?

Mick.

penguinsix Feb 14th 2011 10:45 pm

Re: Bring Driving License to Interview!
 
Did you send a copy of your drivers license in when you did the application? If so they may just be verifying the original license is a valid 'document' rather than a copy of a fake one (has been known to happen). I think they ask you to bring in the originals of any documents you may have submitted during the process for verification purposes. Not sure though.

Gabgoeshome Feb 14th 2011 11:04 pm

Re: Bring Driving License to Interview!
 
I think that in the US, a driving license stands for so much more .

ID etc ...perhaps it is just to check you are ,who you say you are ?

Nothing more than that perhaps ? :)

Mick1935 Feb 14th 2011 11:05 pm

Re: Bring Driving License to Interview!
 

Originally Posted by penguinsix (Post 9176633)
Did you send a copy of your drivers license in when you did the application? If so they may just be verifying the original license is a valid 'document' rather than a copy of a fake one (has been known to happen). I think they ask you to bring in the originals of any documents you may have submitted during the process for verification purposes. Not sure though.

No, did not send copy, they did not ask for a copy. Your heart gives a little skip when you see the envelope! Guilty conscience?

Mick.

Mick1935 Feb 14th 2011 11:09 pm

Re: Bring Driving License to Interview!
 

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome (Post 9176662)
I think that in the US, a driving license stands for so much more .

ID etc ...perhaps it is just to check you are ,who you say you are ?

Nothing more than that perhaps ? :)

How come you are going home? Thanks for your reply.

Mick.

Gabgoeshome Feb 14th 2011 11:30 pm

Re: Bring Driving License to Interview!
 

Originally Posted by Mick1935 (Post 9176673)
How come you are going home? Thanks for your reply.

Mick.

Oh ,we have just had enough lol !

I really don't think we thought this USA thing through properly KWIM ?

Not much in the way of family here , and I guess after 5 years we are missing home .

Our eldest son will be 13 this year :ohmy: we feel this is our last window for a LONG time :)

Oh, and we are in a small Indiana town ;)

Mick1935 Feb 14th 2011 11:56 pm

Re: Bring Driving License to Interview!
 

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome (Post 9176692)
Oh ,we have just had enough lol !

I really don't think we thought this USA thing through properly KWIM ?

Not much in the way of family here , and I guess after 5 years we are missing home .

Our eldest son will be 13 this year :ohmy: we feel this is our last window for a LONG time :)

Oh, and we are in a small Indiana town ;)

With living in Aussie, for three years, I liked it, Wife hated it, drove me nuts! (now ex Wife) lived 35 years in Canada, in Orlando, since Dec 03, and the reason for that info?

I have seen lots of decisions, made because of Home sickness, not with intellect, a move to Orlando? Might be a cheaper move, and warmer!

Gabgoeshome Feb 15th 2011 12:19 am

Re: Bring Driving License to Interview!
 

Originally Posted by Mick1935 (Post 9176729)
With living in Aussie, for three years, I liked it, Wife hated it, drove me nuts! (now ex Wife) lived 35 years in Canada, in Orlando, since Dec 03, and the reason for that info?

I have seen lots of decisions, made because of Home sickness, not with intellect, a move to Orlando? Might be a cheaper move, and warmer!

Lol ...you are right, Orlando would be warmer .

Actually at this point we are not *that * homesick ...but ,I do not want to be here forever .

This is a chance to jump ship !

Oh ,and one massive point - my DH ,he was born and raised here ...the place is doing his head in (just a little bit ;) )

I would be interested to hear WHAT the reason for your DL turns out to be :)

Mick1935 Feb 15th 2011 2:39 am

Re: Bring Driving License to Interview!
 

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome (Post 9176776)
Lol ...you are right, Orlando would be warmer .

Actually at this point we are not *that * homesick ...but ,I do not want to be here forever .

This is a chance to jump ship !

Oh ,and one massive point - my DH ,he was born and raised here ...the place is doing his head in (just a little bit ;) )

I would be interested to hear WHAT the reason for your DL turns out to be :)

Yes, me too!! Will just have to wait and see. It has been stated b/4 here, that said other people had been asked about DLs been taken to the INTERVIEW! No one was even pitched out of the country!

So if I find out, I will pass it on, has any one been to an interview, and took their Driving Licenses? And why did they take them?

Have a great Valentines day.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:23 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.