Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Brigie on the Prairie

Brigie on the Prairie

Old Oct 22nd 2003, 1:12 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough
Wink Brigie on the Prairie

It's that time of year again when I must put aside my leather pumps and don my wellies.

It feels like I'm in Walnut Grove and Ma and Pa will be waiting by the fireplace for me to bring in the wood.

Wish I could get a picture of this... anyone else have a wood burning stove.? It's a labour of love... just to make it 90 degrees in your house, when you spent all summer trying to make it cold.

I'm not cut out for this.... I'll pay anything, but can someone please go to the wood pile for me today... There's spiders on the logs!
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 1:39 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brigie on the Prairie

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
It's that time of year again when I must put aside my leather pumps and don my wellies.

It feels like I'm in Walnut Grove and Ma and Pa will be waiting by the fireplace for me to bring in the wood.

Wish I could get a picture of this... anyone else have a wood burning stove.? It's a labour of love... just to make it 90 degrees in your house, when you spent all summer trying to make it cold.

I'm not cut out for this.... I'll pay anything, but can someone please go to the wood pile for me today... There's spiders on the logs!
Lifes a bi'atch..

Cold? whats that, come on down to sunny side up Texas, were still wearing shorts and bitching about the A/C electric bill down here

spiders:scared: just take one wellie off, dance around on 1 leg and smack the bugger......one shot....one kill.
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 1:43 pm

I can't I'm afraid they'll run up me leg! I inspect every log carefully before I pick it up and toss it in the wagon... but they are very tricky and the minute I get in the house there's one on the floor.

They even climb out the stove too. (last mad 8 legged dash for life) -- I don't kill anything uneccessarliy. But they make it hard for me!

Ewwwwwww! :scared:
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brigie on the Prairie

My Stove !!!
Attached Thumbnails Brigie on the Prairie-stove-005.jpg  
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Bridgie on the Prarie is a sequel to Bridgie on the Piss ?
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 4:23 pm

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Bridgie on the Prarie is a sequel to Bridgie on the Piss ?
I was on the Piss too? (ummm are we talking about Friday night?)

Rob, that's just like mine... but ours is on the hearth of the fireplace. When it was snowing last winter I was in my knickers with all the windows open it got so hot.
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

I was on the Piss too? (ummm are we talking about Friday night?)

Rob, that's just like mine... but ours is on the hearth of the fireplace. When it was snowing last winter I was in my knickers with all the windows open it got so hot.

We have ours in the basement and also have an open fire in the Living Room. We have the gym next door to the stove room so its good for rapid weight loss if your using weights or running !!!!

Rob

PS: Last winter I wasnt in my Knickers with all the windows open, the snow was over our windows !!!
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 4:52 pm

If you were married to me you'd have been sent ouside to clear them. I made Todd go on the roof so I could watch Joe Millionaire.

He switched us back to cable this year so he wont have to do that again (and because East Enders isn't on BBCA anymore)

Then again... if you were in my knickers.... you'd look pretty funny.
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Then again... if you were in my knickers.... you'd look pretty funny.
If Rob was in your knickers wouldn't some spouses ask serious questions ??
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 5:46 pm

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
If Rob was in your knickers wouldn't some spouses ask serious questions ??
Probably his wife would ask me where he was burried in the backyard.

If we keep going on about my knickers I'll have to take them off!