Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Brian Jacks Elbow Bends and KK falling off a bike

Brian Jacks Elbow Bends and KK falling off a bike

Old Oct 18th 2003, 2:25 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brian Jacks Elbow Bends and KK falling off a bike

Oh my Lord, the bbc have brought back superstars! The bastards waited until I left the country. I hope they show it on BBCA but seeing as they don't show QOS I doubt if they will show this. Talk about childhood memories!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tv_a...rs/default.stm

All we need now is Crackerjack - all together now - its Friday, its 5 to 5 its CRACKERJACK!

Just out of interest what TV shows do you think the BBC should revise, personally I think they should do a spin off from the two ronnies called the phantom raspberry blower of old london town

Patrick
Old Oct 18th 2003, 2:40 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brian Jacks Elbow Bends and KK falling off a bike

There is a link to Tops Trumps game on there, I am so excited - I never realised I was this sad before. Anyway back to playing Superstars Top Trumps online

Patrick
Old Oct 18th 2003, 2:42 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

If I remember rightly it was squat thrusts that were Brian Jacks' particular forte - he even had special shoes custom made for doing squat thrusts on his Superstars appearances.

Question - who was it that Keegan crashed into when he fell off his bike? I seem to remember it was a bit of a pile-up.
Old Oct 18th 2003, 2:44 am
Pagan Sex God

Originally posted by elfman
If I remember rightly it was squat thrusts that were Brian Jacks' particular forte - he even had special shoes custom made for doing squat thrusts on his Superstars appearances.
I thought it was the arm dips, I could be wrong though - that happened to me once before in 1981.

Originally posted by elfman

Question - who was it that Keegan crashed into when he fell off his bike? I seem to remember it was a bit of a pile-up.
It was Belgium or Dutch footballer called Johnny something. Hope that clears it up
Patrick

Last edited by Patrick; Oct 18th 2003 at 3:04 am.
Old Oct 18th 2003, 1:40 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Done a bit of research on this now:

It seems that Brian Jacks was indeed a demon on the arm dips as well, but it was in squat thrusts that he set the superstars record.

And the Dutch footballer racing against Keegan was Rudi Kroll.

Also found this:

The Best of Superstars
Released to buy for the first time ever on DVD on
3rd November 2003 from BBC Worldwide
RRP: DVD: £12.99
Catalogue Number: DVD: BBCDVD1376
Running Time: DVD: 90 mins (approx)
Featuring: Kevin Keegan, Brian Jacks, Daley Thomson, David Vine
DVD Extras: Extended interviews and contestant fact files.
Certificate: E
Old Oct 18th 2003, 11:17 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno about remakes but I reckon BBCA should show these classics.

Two Ronnies
Porridge
Open All Hours
George and Mildred
Only Fools and Horses
Steptoe and Son
Casualty

By the way, am I right in thinking that Threes Company is based on Man About the House?
Old Oct 20th 2003, 1:56 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tony_2003
<<snip>>

By the way, am I right in thinking that Threes Company is based on Man About the House?
Yes, that's right.

NC Penguin
Old Oct 20th 2003, 1:59 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

<<snip>>

Porridge
Open All Hours
George and Mildred
Only Fools and Horses
Steptoe and Son
Casualty

<<snip>>
An American version of Porridge would have to be renamed. Obviously not to Oatmeal...

Also, the humor may be slightly lacking in the US version and consist mostly of violence with laughs (in a Tarantino kind of way probably).

Steptoe and Son was made, in the 70s I think into an American version. I can't remember its name but the father and son were black Americans.

Isn't ER the US equivalent of Casualty?

NC Penguin
Old Oct 20th 2003, 2:43 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by NC Penguin
An American version of Porridge would have to be renamed. Obviously not to Oatmeal...

Also, the humor may be slightly lacking in the US version and consist mostly of violence with laughs (in a Tarantino kind of way probably).

Steptoe and Son was made, in the 70s I think into an American version. I can't remember its name but the father and son were black Americans.

Isn't ER the US equivalent of Casualty?

NC Penguin
I was thinking about them showing re-runs of the originalls rather than re-makes.
Steptoe was re-done as Sanford & Son
Old Oct 20th 2003, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

Paul W is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's a few
maybe Colditz, Abigails Party, Auf Wiedersehn Pet, Hancock's Half Hour, Peter Cook and Dudley Moore Show, Early Harry Enfield, Dads Army..
Old Oct 21st 2003, 12:48 am
Release the hounds!

AndrewR is an unknown quantity at this point

Dunno about remakes but I reckon BBCA should show these classics.

Porridge
Think I read somewhere that they're planning on re-doing Porridge, with Ronnie Barker in it! (not a series, a one-off special kind of thing)