A Breather

Old May 15th 2010, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

oli4uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A Breather

After another day of reading through paperwork till my brain began to pound, I thought it might be prudent to take a breather, relax, and chat with some other ex-Brits for a while.

I have just moved over to Austin, and while life has been busy, I have loved my experiences around this city, and even more so the Honeymoon, where we spent several days exploring the streets of New Orleans!

I was also wondering if there were many other British ex-pat Austin-ites on the forum!
Old May 15th 2010, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Breather

Originally Posted by oli4uk
I was also wondering if there were many other British ex-pat Austin-ites on the forum!
There's a few around these parts. I'm a dutch expat in Austin.
Old May 15th 2010, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

oli4uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Toontje
Nice, where abouts in this fine city do you reside?
Old May 15th 2010, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

After another day of reading through paperwork till my brain began to pound, I thought it might be prudent to take a breather, relax, and chat with some other ex-Brits for a while.

I have just moved over to Austin, and while life has been busy, I have loved my experiences around this city, and even more so the Honeymoon, where we spent several days exploring the streets of New Orleans!

When I was a small child my Dad got me a very old Austin seven and set it in a field for me and my mates to play with,
Old May 15th 2010, 11:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Texas

Not in Austin, down near Houston but I love the Austin area. We rode the Harley almost to Austin a few weeks back so I could see the Bluebonnets
Old May 15th 2010, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

Steve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toontje
It's really not relevant to this thread, but I spent a bit of time in Holland in my last job with Philips and absolutely loved the place! (Hilversum) I've never been to a more laid back country..... Waiting to see what South Carolina will bring in around 3 weeks time
Old May 15th 2010, 11:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_I
It's really not relevant to this thread, but I spent a bit of time in Holland in my last job with Philips and absolutely loved the place! (Hilversum) I've never been to a more laid back country..... Waiting to see what South Carolina will bring in around 3 weeks time
I've never been to SC, but I don't think it will be anything like Holland!
Old May 16th 2010, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Welcome to Texas

Not in Austin, down near Houston but I love the Austin area. We rode the Harley almost to Austin a few weeks back so I could see the Bluebonnets
BLUEBONNETS!!! I do think they are pretty but not when they cover half of my front garden and i can't cut them down. If they had been planted properly {i didn't plant them} i wouldn't have a problem with them but they are scattered all over the grass.
Old May 17th 2010, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

wareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to all

love me some Austin, just got back fron hols there was absolutley brilliant, went to Fedo's for some cracking guiness wings and to watch the liverpool game at 2:00pm in the afternoon, intersting experience!

We should be moving over next March all being well but I believe there's quite a few expats knocking around Austin.

Hope you enjoy it- do go to shady grove for their shady thang, that drink will knock your socks off!