Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Breaking News: George Best Is Dead

Breaking News: George Best Is Dead

Old Nov 27th 2005, 5:33 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Breaking News: George Best Is Dead

Who?
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 5:42 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Guide to his funeral . My sister lives about 300 yards across the street and many of my family are laid to rest in Roselawn cemetery too.
Gutted that I will not be there

Last edited by Lord Lionheart; Dec 2nd 2005 at 5:45 pm.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 5:49 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Guide to his funeral . My sister lives about 300 yards across the street and many of my family are laid to rest in Roselawn cemetery too.
If you get up early/stay up late BBC News 24 are streaming it live and radio ulster are also covering it.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 5:51 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

My Dad has a season ticket at Old Trafford. He and George are (were) the same age and he swears that George Best is the best player he has ever seen. He said the tribute on Wednesday was superb and there were only 48000 there. He said that tomorrows tribute will be amazing! I went to see United play Everton a few years ago; it was the first game after Sir Matts passing - the atmosphere was unbelievable!!
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:01 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
If you get up early/stay up late BBC News 24 are streaming it live and radio ulster are also covering it.
Thanks, do you have any links? I wonder if Setanta will show it? They had a tribute on earlier in the week.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:22 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, do you have any links? I wonder if Setanta will show it? They had a tribute on earlier in the week.
Ohhh look at him with his setanta

I have no links as such but here's where I got the info from...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland..._funeral.shtml

If in doubt just try radio ulster on BBC's radio player and the bbc news interactive website which I think has a live streaming link.
Service due to start at 11 according to http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...t_funeral2.pdf so I reckon that means they'll be leaving his parents' house at about 9.30.

Sorry I have no actual links to the event, but hope this helps.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:32 pm
Banned

Ohhh look at him with his setanta

I have no links as such but here's where I got the info from...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland..._funeral.shtml

If in doubt just try radio ulster on BBC's radio player and the bbc news interactive website which I think has a live streaming link.
Service due to start at 11 according to http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...t_funeral2.pdf so I reckon that means they'll be leaving his parents' house at about 9.30.

Sorry I have no actual links to the event, but hope this helps.
Peasant. I'm getting my Directv upgraded to HDTV today too. Cheers, karma sent
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:37 pm
Thinking about it

Peasant. I'm getting my Directv upgraded to HDTV today too. Cheers, karma sent

Not sure whether to develop a viscious dislike for you or to wallow in my own inadequacies.

How does sentanta work then - do you pay $xx a month and get everything or are all events purchased on a ppv basis ??

Not sure if you're a rugby fan or not but Ulster and playing Munster tomorrow in the celtic league and setanta are showing it.
I just have fsc which takes care of all the footie i need (along with pplive streaming) but I'd like directv for NFL and rugby on setanta.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:47 pm
Banned

Not sure whether to develop a viscious dislike for you or to wallow in my own inadequacies.

How does sentanta work then - do you pay $xx a month and get everything or are all events purchased on a ppv basis ??

Not sure if you're a rugby fan or not but Ulster and playing Munster tomorrow in the celtic league and setanta are showing it.
I just have fsc which takes care of all the footie i need (along with pplive streaming) but I'd like directv for NFL and rugby on setanta.
Setanta is $12 a month, shows some Champions leagus games, Coca-Cola champions and FA cup that Fox doesn't have. Pity you are not closer or we could have had a piss up while sending Bestie off. Not really into rugby.....