Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Breaking News: George Best Is Dead

Wikiposts

Breaking News: George Best Is Dead

Old Nov 25th 2005, 3:25 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Breaking News: George Best Is Dead

Originally Posted by Ray
Perhaps any man who does not kick the shit out of his wife ..and has no convictions for assault and DUIs.
So based on your reasoning - because I have told lies I cannot pass judgement on the Government? Alright, I havent lied to the extent that we invaded another country because of it, 2,000 soldiers didnt die because of the lies I have told and my lies have not cost $900 billion but hey, nobodys perfect!

A young guy, incredably talented, very rich very quickly - pussy being thrown at you left and right - I think I'd be dead by 59 too!
Old Nov 25th 2005, 3:48 am
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

His wrongdoings and shortcomings were inspected under the glare of public spotlight. Perhaps we'd all look less saintly under those conditions. Im very sad that he's gone.

I remember back in 1974 we were on holiday in Tangier, a group of street kids used to run after us, knowing we were English, shouting "Georgie Best!!!" the only english they knew probably! My late partner bought them a football before we left, and we watched them play on the beach
Old Nov 25th 2005, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...es/4090216.stm

Seems he was arrested over assaulting a 9 yr old kid too.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 4:03 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
Best was a waste of space, he had supreme talent and chose to drink it all away. As for having a minutes silence before ALL games this weekend what a joke, did they do that for Johnny haynes a few weeks back, did they hell. Fair enough if those clubs he played for want to honour his memory, but the rest of us know him for the wife beating drunk he was.
Having got beaten up by the Geoerge Best Fan club on here earlier in the week I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this opinion... Im sorry he's dead but I'm too hungover to fight this morning
Old Nov 25th 2005, 4:11 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...es/4090216.stm

Seems he was arrested over assaulting a 9 yr old kid too.
Do you have a follow up to that story, was he found not guilty or were all charges dropped? I don't ever remember hearing about any court case regarding this.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 4:30 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robskatie
Do you have a follow up to that story, was he found not guilty or were all charges dropped? I don't ever remember hearing about any court case regarding this.
The charges were dropped...
Old Nov 25th 2005, 4:32 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
A young guy, incredably talented, very rich very quickly - pussy being thrown at you left and right - I think I'd be dead by 59 too!
But you would have died with a smile on your face ..not looking at the bottom of a bottle ...
Old Nov 25th 2005, 4:40 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
But you would have died with a smile on your face ..not looking at the bottom of a bottle ...
And I'm sure that this is not how he would have wanted to die either, I'm sure when he started drinking years ago he would not have dreamed that it would take him to the place it did, sadly that is the problem with alcoholics.
You give up them fags yet Ray?
Old Nov 25th 2005, 4:42 am
Going home at last

dragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to all

I feel sorry for his family but he chose that lifestyle of drinking and eventually it killed him, I am amazed that he was a candidate for a liver transplant when there are plenty of ordinary people on the waiting list who would not piss it away like he did!
Old Nov 25th 2005, 4:47 am
Ray

Originally Posted by robskatie
And I'm sure that this is not how he would have wanted to die either, I'm sure when he started drinking years ago he would not have dreamed that it would take him to the place it did, sadly that is the problem with alcoholics. You give up them fags yet Ray?
I suppose being a non-alcohol drinker I am very much against it
more than most I expect perhaps..
No ..still smoking ..and I don't expect to get new lungs either...
nor do I expect any fame for my past good deeds ...which lasted a lot
longer than 10 years..
Old Nov 25th 2005, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Ray
I suppose being a non-alcohol drinker I am very much against it
more than most I expect perhaps..
No ..still smoking ..and I don't expect to get new lungs either...
nor do I expect any fame for my past good deeds ...which lasted a lot
longer than 10 years..
And neither do I judge you for any of it....
Old Nov 25th 2005, 4:50 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

So what are peoples opinions when it comes to, opinion & judgement? So everyone is entitled to their opinion, but no one can judge another?!?! It's the same bloody thing!!!
Old Nov 25th 2005, 5:06 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Which legend ? The player or the boozing shaghound ?
Both I suspect. He was multi-talented
Old Nov 25th 2005, 5:10 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

There has been a lot said about him this week and it's quite subjective depending on your age amongst many other things, like most things on BE this topic can be argued about till the cows come home, and probably will.
In his heyday women loved him and men wanted to be him, I prefer to remember him in my own way, through the eyes of a 7 year old boy and leave the rest of you to argue the toss.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 5:19 am
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

I've already made my feelings known on this subject and am not going to waste any more time on this subject.

Ant

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.