Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Brazilian, Menezes's visa expired 2 years ago

Brazilian, Menezes's visa expired 2 years ago

Old Jul 29th 2005, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brazilian, Menezes's visa expired 2 years ago

Originally Posted by snowbunny
The male menopause? hmmmmm bit young for that no?
It seems anyone's guess....
Old Jul 29th 2005, 9:06 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

If the British government were carrying out Operation Deep Freeze, wherein they tried to turn a suspected terrorist into an ice cube using one helluva flash freezer, and instead of icing a terrorist they got a Chelsea Pensioner Popsicle, then indeed, they were responsible by *action rather than inaction* (commission vs omission) for that person's death.
PMSL!
Old Jul 29th 2005, 9:11 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Why are your posts getting all soppy? They never used to be this way, are you going through the menopause?
It's a family tragedy and I am certain he loved his folks to bits and wanted to return home to set up a ranch and be with his folks. There was a truck driver some time back in Chicago driving a potentially hazardous load, he had a forged truck driving license. From Mexico working hard for his family. He did wrong and he did right. One can't but feel for that man and his family. He got involved in a collision on a highway in Chicago.

Last edited by Franklin; Jul 29th 2005 at 9:53 pm. Reason: Inter alia, changed post!

Old Jul 29th 2005, 10:06 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

And women have surgery to make themselves look younger and have bigger boobs.
Bugger that.....and anyway...I don't need bigger boobs.......
Old Jul 29th 2005, 10:15 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
Neither do I. I'd fall over on my face!
Old Jul 30th 2005, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

We cannot comment till we have seen the proof. Trust me I am a doctor
Old Jul 30th 2005, 3:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can think of no reason why Immigration status would have any impact on the Liability aspect.

If he was sending money back to Brazil rather than to Her Majestys Tax Inspector, that certainly would reduce any likely settlement.
Old Jul 30th 2005, 3:07 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
We cannot comment till we have seen the proof. Trust me I am a doctor
I don't want to scare anyone........
Old Jul 31st 2005, 6:56 am
Account Closed

"He didn't make a lot of money in England as he was a self-employed electrician. Most of his money went on rent and food. He wanted to stay for another two years to save money so he could come back and invest in a ranch.

BBC

So his family appear not to be dependent on his income.

Difficult to see any claim that any of them could make. I would have thought the only claim could come from his Estate, and that is minor, certainly in terms others have mentioned.

Rather raise the question of how he got a Visa in the first place, the Student bit seems a scam.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I don't want to scare anyone........

Sounds liek you don't want to go jogging too often then
Old Jul 31st 2005, 1:50 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
Sounds liek you don't want to go jogging too often then
Jogging is nothing......I learnt the hard way by going on a rollercoaster without a bra.......
Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jogging is nothing......I learnt the hard way by going on a rollercoaster without a bra.......

OK cold shower time as I imagine that one lol
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

darwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant future

His family are gonna get more than £560,000, according to the guardian.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 3:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by darwinlad
His family are gonna get more than £560,000, according to the guardian.
The Brazilian news organisation Globo had reported yesterday that the Met was to pay out "several thousand pounds" to the family. The regional Estado de Minas newspaper said the family could receive up to $1m (£560,000).

Not quite the same thing.....