Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Brazilian family intends to sue police

Brazilian family intends to sue police

Old Jul 25th 2005, 5:51 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bralian family intends to sue police

Originally Posted by Manc
I tried to find it, I couldn't get past the page where the Prime Minister was apologising that an innocent man was shot dead by the police.

If it's ok to shoot people now,
why is he sorry?

People are sorry you moron......geezzzzz......

I don't think there is one person here who would of wished the guy dead.......but it was the day after a bomb scare......he was running toward a subway.......the police did what they had to do.......if you can't see that.....then I can't help you......Good day.......
Old Jul 25th 2005, 5:53 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CitySimon
If I accidentally ran over a persons cat in my car, I'd apologise to the owners of the cat.
That is really nice.........someone done that to my cat...and just left him in the street.....
Old Jul 25th 2005, 5:55 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
People are sorry you moron......geezzzzz......

I don't think there is one person here who would of wished the guy dead.......but it was the day after a bomb scare......he was running toward a subway.......the police did what they had to do.......if you can't see that.....then I can't help you......Good day.......
so because I think shooting people is wrong I am a moron?

nice.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

That is really nice.........someone done that to my cat...and just left him in the street.....
All you can do is apologise... It won't stop it from happening again or bring the cat back but it is the correct thing to do...
Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:02 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by strim
How much collateral damage is acceptable?

Tell me how many blown up trains and buses are acceptable???
Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:04 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

All you can do is apologise... It won't stop it from happening again or bring the cat back but it is the correct thing to do...

Think they can go a touch further than that:

1/ Apologize.
2/ Clearly demonstrate what steps they are taking to ensure this doesn't happen again if at all possible.
3/ Pay up for the damage they have done.

Number 1 is clearly completed, 2 and 3 will take a little time but shouldn't take forever.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:05 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
If I put myself in the policeman's shoes, I can't say I would have done anything different given the evidence that is available so far.

The guy made the mistake of running into the tube station after he was asked to stop, which made the police think he might have been a suicide bomber who was therefore an immedaite threat to the public; the police made the correct decision with the information they had at the time.
The Times is saying that from eyewitness reports, the cops did not identify themselves. They put on their cop caps, but did not shout out.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:07 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

so because I think shooting people is wrong I am a moron?

nice.
No...you are a moron because you can't understand that people can be sorry about the mans death....while still thinking that the police did their job the only way they could ........see.....
Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:09 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

Its not nice to see your pet just lying in the street hurt and in pain.....but a driver can't do anything if a pets not wearing a tag.......my outside cats always had tags.....
Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izibear
The Times is saying that from eyewitness reports, the cops did not identify themselves. They put on their cop caps, but did not shout out.
Well I don't know exactly what happened. I do know they don't have to identify themselves.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:11 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by izibear
They don't have to identify themselves........
Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:12 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, but they can read the Prevention of Terrorism act 2005. Nowhere does it say 7 slugs to the head is ok.

Are you proposing that all guns be equipped with only one shell? Then if there is only one cop in pursuit of a terrorist and he misses, then the survivors of those killed by the terrorists can sue because the cop was a poor marksman.

How can anyone make a judgment against any policeman in this instance is beyond me. They followed the rule book. They shouted their warnings, gave him ample time to stop and desist and he chose to run. I'm sure the bullets were fired rapidly in succession and not while the suspect was lying on the payment.

His family deserves nothing but condolences on the loss of their son who apparently was not a very bright man.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:12 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

No...you are a moron because you can't understand that people can be sorry about the mans death....while still thinking that the police did their job the only way they could ........see.....
Excuse me but Manc is no moron. He reads and thinks and analyses, instead of just reacting with his emotions. He is expressing concern about the direction our society is taking. It is an issue more complicated than one dead man.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit

1/ Apologize.
2/ Clearly demonstrate what steps they are taking to ensure this doesn't happen again if at all possible.

Number 1 is clearly completed, 2 and 3 will take a little time but shouldn't take forever.

Agreed that 1/ is done.

2/ is a bit more tricky... The next time a person runs from the police into a subway station, are the police expected to think "ok. maybe he isn't a bomber!". If the "bomber" then manages to kill 50 people on a subway train, the police will be to blame again. Honestly, I don't think it is possible for the police to have acted any differently. If this guy they shot had been a bomber, the police offices would have been knighted by now.

3/ Are we talking about compensation from the British Government to the family of a person who should not have been here in the first place? If that is the case, I think an appropriate financial gesture should be made to the family... If they are looking at suing the British Government simply because they can with the objective of getting as much money out of the country as possible, then no... I'm waiting for the lawsuit coming in for $50,000,000 for loss of earnings and mental anguish.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:15 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by fatbrit

1/ Apologize.

You can't stop cats running out in front of cars......things get hit when they run at the wrong times......its a fact of life........I never blamed the driver of the car for hitting my cat.......just for not saying sorry......when the cat was clearly wearing a tag.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.