Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Brazilian family intends to sue police

Brazilian family intends to sue police

Old Jul 25th 2005, 1:41 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold
Default Brazilian family intends to sue police

Whilst my heart felt condolances go out to the family, they must not be allowed to sue the police.

First, they would not be sueing the police but would be sueing the British Tax Paying public.

Second, the guy was in the UK illegally and running from the police a few weeks after 50 people were blown to pieces - God rest their souls.

What does this say about the Brazilian people if their first reaction is to sue.

If he was in his own country, legally then his own countries police force DO shoot to kill and the norm is 4 times to the back of the neck / head : read here :-

http://www.usemb.se/human/human97/brazil.html
Old Jul 25th 2005, 2:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bralian family intends to sue police

Originally Posted by franc111s
Whilst my heart felt condolances go out to the family, they must not be allowed to sue the police.

First, they would not be sueing the police but would be sueing the British Tax Paying public.

Second, the guy was in the UK illegally and running from the police a few weeks after 50 people were blown to pieces - God rest their souls.

What does this say about the Brazilian people if their first reaction is to sue.

If he was in his own country, legally then his own countries police force DO shoot to kill and the norm is 4 times to the back of the neck / head : read here :-

Apparently he ran because his student visa had expired:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4713753.stm

Well that's one way to tackle the immigration problem.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I thought all the reports said he was there legally?
Old Jul 25th 2005, 2:18 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I thought all the reports said he was there legally?
No, they reported today he was an illegal. I guess that is what made him run. Given the heighted security, illegals need to stop when confronted - just like most law abiding legals do !!
Old Jul 25th 2005, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

No, they reported today he was an illegal. I guess that is what made him run. Given the heighted security, illegals need to stop when confronted - just like most law abiding legals do !!
Well at least they know why he was running now.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Waiting for the bottom feeding lawyers to take this on for a % of the payout.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

It turns out he was actually shot 7 times in the head . Now I don't know anything about shooting people in the head, but 7 times seems a bit on the high side.

EDIT: Actually, maybe two or three people all shot him at the same time. I'm sure we'll find out soon.

Electrician Jean Charles de Menezes, 27, was shot seven times in the head and once in the shoulder, at Stockwell Tube station, south London, on Friday.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 3:50 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

simple: they made a mistake about what country they live in - they are under the misconception that they are living in London, Kentucky and not London, England

www.lawyerkentucky.com - personal injury
Old Jul 25th 2005, 3:57 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

No surprise there then....
Old Jul 25th 2005, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ken Livingstone has the right idea:

"Consider the choice that faced police officers at Stockwell last Friday - and be glad you did not have to take it."
Old Jul 25th 2005, 4:01 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

good Luck to them I say.

This is the UK not Dharfur.

Shooting people in the head indeed...........
Old Jul 25th 2005, 4:03 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
good Luck to them I say.

Next thing you know people will be blowing up trains full of people going to work.....what is the world coming too......
Old Jul 25th 2005, 4:08 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

good Luck to them I say.

In the circumstances, believing he was a terrorist who may have had explosives under his jacket, the police did the right thing once the decision has been made to shoot to kill.

We should be grateful that the police were sufficiently good marksmen to hit a moving target in the head. When the New York cops shot a stationary unarmed immigrant in a well lit doorway they missed hiim more times than they hit him.

At the end of the day, you should never run away from any policeman, let alone several armed policemen.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 4:13 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
In the circumstances, believing he was a terrorist who may have had explosives under his jacket, the police did the right thing once the decision has been made to shoot to kill.

We should be grateful that the police were sufficiently good marksmen to hit a moving target in the head. When the New York cops shot a stationary unarmed immigrant in a well lit doorway they missed hiim more times than they hit him.

At the end of the day, you should never run away from any policeman, let alone several armed policemen.

I think they had him on the floor when he was shot......hard to miss at 3 or so inches......lucky enough they never hit each other......I can't see all the shots coming from just one officer......maybe 3 from each gun.....??
Old Jul 25th 2005, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond repute

good Luck to them I say.

Well, until a group of people decided to turn a day in London to a day in Jerusalem, this sort of thing never occured.

It's also all too easy to judge people in difficult jobs when the worst danger you face in your job is a paper cut, the worst mistake you can make is a typing error.

This isn't to say I feel very saddened that this innocent mans life was taken. I do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.