Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Boys with beards - a US thing?

Boys with beards - a US thing?

Old Feb 26th 2007, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Boys with beards - a US thing?

Well maybe boys is too strong a word, but what's up with that facial fuzz obsession over here? There are loads of guys at our office, mostly just out of college, 23+ and almost every one of them sports some kind of facial hair. Maybe there is a new trend that this old fart hasn't kept up on, but for the life of me I don't understand the attractiveness, especially when they are young and could be appealing to the opposite sex (or same sex?) if only the interested parties could see their face.... My only plausible theory are that they are still in the pizza face age, or they want to appear older than they really are. Anyone else notice this, or is this a Texas thing?

- Tim
Old Feb 26th 2007, 2:07 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Boys with beards - a US thing?

Originally Posted by TimFountain
Well maybe boys is too strong a word, but what's up with that facial fuzz obsession over here? There are loads of guys at our office, mostly just out of college, 23+ and almost every one of them sports some kind of facial hair. Maybe there is a new trend that this old fart hasn't kept up on, but for the life of me I don't understand the attractiveness, especially when they are young and could be appealing to the opposite sex (or same sex?) if only the interested parties could see their face.... My only plausible theory are that they are still in the pizza face age, or they want to appear older than they really are. Anyone else notice this, or is this a Texas thing?

- Tim

lol ....big into facial fuzz over here, we've noticed that ...my hubs doesn't understand who would want to cultivate hair on their face that grows wild on their ass
Old Feb 26th 2007, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Brync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TruBrit
lol ....big into facial fuzz over here, we've noticed that ...my hubs doesn't understand who would want to cultivate hair on their face that grows wild on their ass
Totally agree. I used to go out with a Spanish girl many years ago and she couldn't be beaten for hair in both places!!! Absolute nightmare sharing a kiss a girl and getting tickled in the process (kissing on her lips I hasten to add)
Old Feb 26th 2007, 2:39 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brync
Totally agree. I used to go out with a Spanish girl many years ago and she couldn't be beaten for hair in both places!!! Absolute nightmare sharing a kiss a girl and getting tickled in the process (kissing on her lips I hasten to add)
and which lips are you talking about
Old Feb 26th 2007, 2:40 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

especially when they are young and could be appealing to the opposite sex (or same sex?) Anyone else notice this, or is this a Texas thing?

- Tim
girls think its cute here.

not sure why
\
maybe its the whole slightly hippy thing
Old Feb 26th 2007, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear sounds lovely, surprised you even gave her a kiss in the first place
Old Feb 26th 2007, 2:44 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

- Tim
I felt your pain a while ago Tim

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...cial+furniture
Old Feb 26th 2007, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Well maybe boys is too strong a word, but what's up with that facial fuzz obsession over here? My only plausible theory are that they are still in the pizza face age, or they want to appear older than they really are. Anyone else notice this, or is this a Texas thing?

- Tim
I have to agree with this comment, and it's in these parts as well
Old Feb 26th 2007, 2:53 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

I can handle facial hair. What I can't handle is a gorilla back!! Living in Floridee as we do, I want to puke when I see one of them with enough hair on their backs to weave a coat for Imelda. *shudder*
Old Feb 26th 2007, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

I've had my goatee in various forms for 17 years :-p
Old Feb 26th 2007, 2:55 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you are going to go down well with our Annabella ...!!!
Old Feb 26th 2007, 2:57 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
I can handle facial hair. What I can't handle is a gorilla back!! Living in Floridee as we do, I want to puke when I see one of them with enough hair on their backs to weave a coat for Imelda. *shudder*
One of my neighbors called Animal Control when she saw a bear in my yard
...It was just a friend of mine sunbathing .. hairy bastard though ..
Old Feb 26th 2007, 2:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by USBound
I've had my goatee in various forms for 17 years :-p
Well that's different you sound like a real Man to me then and not hiding your zit's.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 3:14 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

- Tim
Bit silly really. Most teens n the UK have facial hair and always have as I recall. It is a way of saying - look at me, I'm all grown up. My son is 19 and has a scrabby looking goatee. I am only glad that Mo's went out years ago (apart from with UK police detectives ha ha).
Old Feb 26th 2007, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Bit silly really. Most teens n the UK have facial hair and always have as I recall. It is a way of saying - look at me, I'm all grown up. My son is 19 and has a scrabby looking goatee. I am only glad that Mo's went out years ago (apart from with UK police detectives ha ha).
Reminds of that Kevin and Perry sketch when they have the drawn on beards..

Edit: It's actually just Perry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KnZbZbdJJg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.