Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Boy started one of LA fires

Boy started one of LA fires

Old Oct 31st 2007, 3:08 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute
Default Boy started one of LA fires

SO, they are deciding whether to prosecute....

I'm sure most girls here (and some guys) won't understand boys fascination for "fire". Playing with matches was a huge past-time of mine as a kid. Heck, I accidently set light to some grass by a railway line when I was probably no older than 7 years old. The fire brigade came to my house and reprimanded me in front of my parents... the punishment from my Dad was not pretty!!

I also set light to net curtians by accident when seeing if my sisters perfume would ignite.... it did... luckily I put the fire out!!

So, back to my original question.... Education could be one thing... Shit, build a fire proof lab where young lads can come and play and "safely" experiment or something.

The fact this boy set light to something that then got out of hand, I don't see on what grounds they can prosecute if it was not deliberate...

BTW - Now I'm older, I love fireworks... and thankfully get to play with them, on July 4th
Old Oct 31st 2007, 3:15 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boy started one of LA fires

That's a pretty sexist assumption. I was a complete pyromaniac as a child. At the age of 5 I set our bathroom on fire.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc11s

I'm sure most girls here (and some guys) won't understand boys fascination for "fire". Playing with matches was a huge past-time of mine as a kid. Heck, I accidently set light to some grass by a railway line when I was probably no older than 7 years old. The fire brigade came to my house and reprimanded me in front of my parents... the punishment from my Dad was not pretty!!

I also set light to net curtians by accident when seeing if my sisters perfume would ignite.... it did... luckily I put the fire out!!

So, back to my original question.... Education could be one thing... Shit, build a fire proof lab where young lads can come and play and "safely" experiment or something.

The fact this boy set light to something that then got out of hand, I don't see on what grounds they can prosecute if it was not deliberate...

BTW - Now I'm older, I love fireworks... and thankfully get to play with them, on July 4th
The words genie and vicars erection come to mind.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc11s

How old is he?
Old Oct 31st 2007, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
How old is he?
I don't think they've released his age yet. I don't think they can/should prosecute depending on his age. if he's only 5-7 years old, I don't think he can fully understand the ramifications of what he did. If he's in the 8 and older, he may have a greater understanding. But hell, I mean what could they possibly do to him? Throw him jail? And heck, sometimes accidents happen. Obviously this was a big one, though.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Boy started one of LA fires

Originally Posted by nethead
How old is he?
Obviously too young to be arson about with matches

Jim.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
I don't think they've released his age yet. I don't think they can/should prosecute depending on his age. if he's only 5-7 years old, I don't think he can fully understand the ramifications of what he did. If he's in the 8 and older, he may have a greater understanding. But hell, I mean what could they possibly do to him? Throw him jail? And heck, sometimes accidents happen. Obviously this was a big one, though.
No I agree with you, I was just wondering what his age was I don't think many kids under 10 would understand the possibilities of what could/did happen.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
That's a pretty sexist assumption. I was a complete pyromaniac as a child. At the age of 5 I set our bathroom on fire.
There are always exceptions to the stereotype...
Old Oct 31st 2007, 6:31 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Let me guess, you were lighting a fart.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 6:33 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Let me guess, you were lighting a fart.
No. I set the toilet paper on fire .... unfortunately the toilet paper holder was just below the curtains.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 6:48 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you fanned the flames of men's desires ...

As for the little erk who started the fire .....simple solution ...douse the bugger in petrol and throw lighted matches at him
Old Oct 31st 2007, 7:00 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
I thought you fanned the flames of men's desires ...

As for the little erk who started the fire .....simple solution ...douse the bugger in petrol and throw lighted matches at him
I've tried to turn my addiction into something positive.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 7:16 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

I've tried to turn my addiction into something positive.
...ouch!!
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

I misread this, I thought it said 51,thinking blimey,never !
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:44 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
I misread this, I thought it said 51,thinking blimey,never !
OI!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.