Reload this Page >

Bought the car!

Bought the car!

Old Nov 19th 2006, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bought the car!

Originally Posted by britvic
Weren't they more for the Village type Bobby When the most crime they ever had to put up with was a few eggs thrown at cars for Halloween. Well that's how it was in Potterspury.
Never actually saw one. You are prob right though.
Seems a little silly now from the US perspective.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 7:36 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
I suppose Rushman will be grateful that BritGuyTN doesn't want to borrow his BM if he treats and drives his cars, as in how he described his trip in the Ford,
LOL

I drive my own car the same way, the difference is that it is designed to have the crap driven out of it... (as long as the engine is warmed up...)

However, I don't do that with my new avalanche, if I did think it would suffer in the same way the taurus did... most low-revving american v8's sound very stressed anything over 4k rpm to my ear.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
This has got to be the most ludicrous idea for a police car ever.
This type used to be my Patrol car 1978/79 on a rural beat in the Marple.The bosses tried to make wear the big helmet whilst driving, I kid you not.At 6'4" no chance.And we carried prisoners in them aswell.Not much room !!
Old Nov 20th 2006, 2:43 pm
Just a rock in the rain

nai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rushman
F**ked
Often
Repaired
Daily
Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Hahahahaha.... I hope it's true for you but in general Fords are unreliable. How many Fords do you see on the roads that are more than eight years old?
Lots. My F-150 is coming up on 7 years old now, an average week it does 600 miles and not given me any trouble. Sure fire sign now that it will break down on the way home from work today!!

Despite how good it has been though, I am hoping to pick up an M5 next year
Old Nov 20th 2006, 4:00 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

This has got to be the most ludicrous idea for a police car ever.
Not really mate. Have a look at the back...has 2 fuel tanks (one either side) and you can just see small holes on the inside of the rear wheel around the hubcap, that means its a "Cooper S" and appears to be the 1275 version.

Bloody fast little thing in their day, and would proably do a ton in a well thrashed one. Those old mini's can still go round corners better than 80% of the crap made today. Take a bow Sir Alex your baby is still standing.

Would've prefered that to an Austin All Aggro or a Morris Minor

Last edited by Rushman; Nov 20th 2006 at 4:06 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 4:09 pm
Account Closed

Not really mate. Have a look at the back...has 2 fuel tanks (one either side) that means its a "Cooper S". Bloody fast little thing in their day and those old mini's can still go round corners better than 80% of the crap made today.

Didn't notice the twin fuel tanks. Thats right, remember now, the original mini's stuck to the ground like glue.
Bit deceptive - like the old MG V8's. Never understood why they didn't import them into the states.
Would have been the original "street sweeper" then

Austin All Aggro
- we called them "Aggro Legs"

Cheers.

Last edited by gardnma; Nov 20th 2006 at 4:12 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 4:10 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by nai_in_av
Lots. My F-150 is coming up on 7 years old now, an average week it does 600 miles and not given me any trouble. Sure fire sign now that it will break down on the way home from work today!!

In that case:
First
On
Race
Day

Old Nov 20th 2006, 4:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Not really mate. Have a look at the back...has 2 fuel tanks (one either side) and you can just see small holes on the inside of the rear wheel around the hubcap, that means its a "Cooper S" and appears to be the 1275 version.

Bloody fast little thing in their day, and would proably do a ton in a well thrashed one. Those old mini's can still go round corners better than 80% of the crap made today. Take a bow Sir Alex your baby is still standing.

This Cooper S was allocated to Lancs County to patrol the East Lancs.4 based at Swinton & used to chase stolens to Liverpool.Note, one of the first patrol cars to have klaxons.Manchester City/Salford followed suit shortly afterwards with all white Cooper S 's.from all white Jag 3.4's We changed from our standard Mini's to A Hillman Avenger, WOW !.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 4:17 pm
Account Closed

- we called them "Aggro Legs"

Cheers.
You know some of these corporate types leave themselves and their products wide open when they name cars. It was obvious to anybody that British Leylands "Allegro" was going to somehow get "Aggro" as in "Aggrovation" in it's name...they were crap of the highest order and WTF was that square steering wheel all about?

Just recently Mercedes Benz brought a truck out called the "Actros"....yup its been nicknamed the "Actrocious" by British drivers.

And VW call the Golf a "Rabbit" here and the Polo a "fox"........since when has a rabbit been bigger than a f**king fox?

Can't wait to see the new Audi Tortoise RS4 and the Audi Hare Quattro

Last edited by Rushman; Nov 20th 2006 at 4:33 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 4:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
This Cooper S was allocated to Lancs County to patrol the East Lancs.4 based at Swinton & used to chase stolens to Liverpool.Note, one of the first patrol cars to have klaxons.Manchester City/Salford followed suit shortly afterwards with all white Cooper S 's.from all white Jag 3.4's We changed from our standard Mini's to A Hillman Avenger, WOW !.
Watch it!! Surely not the legendary Hillman Avenger Tiger or the Hillman Avenger 1600GT....you lucky lucky boys!!
Old Nov 20th 2006, 4:43 pm
Account Closed

You know some of these corporate types leave themselves and their products wide open when they name cars. It was obvious to anybody that British Leylands "Allegro" was going to somehow get "Aggro" as in "Aggrovation" in it's name...they were crap of the highest order and WTF was that square steering wheel all about?

Just recently Mercedes Benz brought a truck out called the "Actros"....yup its been nicknamed the "Actrocious" by British drivers.

And VW call the Golf a "Rabbit" here and the Polo a "fox"........since when has a rabbit been bigger than a f**king fox?

Can't wait to see the new Audi Tortoise RS4 and the Audi Hare Quattro

Failed BL car names #648

.....the Morris Monkey
Old Nov 21st 2006, 12:56 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nai_in_av
good choice

old shape or new shape?

I looked at the old shape one before buying my motor a couple of years back, decided I had no need for the rear doors/seats
Old Nov 21st 2006, 2:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
good choice

old shape or new shape?

I looked at the old shape one before buying my motor a couple of years back, decided I had no need for the rear doors/seats
Well what did you get...an M3? E36 or E46?
Old Nov 21st 2006, 2:58 am
Mr. Grumpy

Well what did you get...an M3? E36 or E46?
99' 911 - couldn't afford one in the UK but they depreciate a lot more over here thus making them affordable.

I'll probably sell it next year and get a cayman, I prefer the mid-engined feel and i've only used the reer seats twice, and I really don;t care about the 911 snobbery.

I had a 320i coupe (24v in-line 6) in the UK years ago and I really like BMW's. I'm hoping my wife will get a 01/02 325i convertible
Old Nov 21st 2006, 3:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
99' 911 - couldn't afford one in the UK but they depreciate a lot more over here thus making them affordable.

I'll probably sell it next year and get a cayman, I prefer the mid-engined feel and i've only used the reer seats twice, and I really don;t care about the 911 snobbery.

I had a 320i coupe (24v in-line 6) in the UK years ago and I really like BMW's. I'm hoping my wife will get a 01/02 325i convertible
I'll be chopping my 330ci E46 in next spring for either an E46 M3 cabrio or an E90 M3 (both low mileage used....I'll never buy new)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.