Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bottled Water - do you?

View Poll Results: Do you do bottled water?
Yes, Evian and Arrowhead for me!
43.33%
I own (rent) a big machine - constant H20
13.33%
Tap Water, it's the only way to go - what's bottled water?
43.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Bottled Water - do you?

Old Jun 25th 2004, 2:27 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
I wouldn't put anything in my body that came from anywhere close to Gary In.
Nice unconscious reference to MJ there.

Bravo.

"OW !"
Old Jun 25th 2004, 2:37 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

People pay for water that comes in a bottle

I prefer the arsenic and fluoride ridden stuff that comes out of the tap.

Old Jun 25th 2004, 3:14 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I use a filter jug to drink tap water. Seems to take away the mineral taste. Just run tap water into the jug, put it in the fridge. Cheaper than that bottled stuff and less waste (no bottles to throw away).
Old Jun 25th 2004, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

We drink nothing out of the tap here!,got terrible upset stomachs when we first moved to the mid west (never had a problem in California!),so we started buying gallons of water from walmart,and haven't had a problem since......just out of interest we had our tap water tested and were told we might as well just go and dip a glass in the swimming pool down the road and drink it!,YUK!!!,also the water out of the tap quite often smells of sulphur,and other times you can smell the chlorine in it.......I'm sure that there was a news report several years ago about the 'runoff' from the farm fields......who knows whats put on them?!......won't take any chances anymore......Sophia
Old Jun 25th 2004, 3:38 pm
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Sophia_S
We drink nothing out of the tap here!,got terrible upset stomachs when we first moved to the mid west (never had a problem in California!),so we started buying gallons of water from walmart,and haven't had a problem since......just out of interest we had our tap water tested and were told we might as well just go and dip a glass in the swimming pool down the road and drink it!,YUK!!!,also the water out of the tap quite often smells of sulphur,and other times you can smell the chlorine in it.......I'm sure that there was a news report several years ago about the 'runoff' from the farm fields......who knows whats put on them?!......won't take any chances anymore......Sophia
Nowt wrong with jersey water, just tastes like crap so I drink Poland Spring!
Old Jun 25th 2004, 3:39 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dunroving
I use a filter jug to drink tap water. Seems to take away the mineral taste. Just run tap water into the jug, put it in the fridge. Cheaper than that bottled stuff and less waste (no bottles to throw away).
Yes, it is, but the kids can't take a jug to school with them and Americans when visiting prefer not to have to drink out of a cup

I hate waste and that is why I will reuse the bottles, but I have to keep new bottles in because if an American (child or adult) see a bottle of water with the lid already having been opened they won't touch it. You can tell them until you are blue in the face that you cleaned the bottle before refilling it, but they still won't drink out of it! And I know that is generalizing Americans, but so far I haven't had an American come to my house and do the unexpected. One day, I live in hope

Reusing the bottles works great for us.
Old Jun 25th 2004, 4:45 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ben
Yes, it is, but the kids can't take a jug to school with them and Americans when visiting prefer not to have to drink out of a cup

I hate waste and that is why I will reuse the bottles, but I have to keep new bottles in because if an American (child or adult) see a bottle of water with the lid already having been opened they won't touch it. You can tell them until you are blue in the face that you cleaned the bottle before refilling it, but they still won't drink out of it! And I know that is generalizing Americans, but so far I haven't had an American come to my house and do the unexpected. One day, I live in hope

I'm surprised to hear you say that. Every guest in my house drinks water in a glass with ice. Never had a single complaint.

Maybe you're hanging out with the wrong crowd of Americans.
Old Jun 25th 2004, 4:46 pm
Ping-ponger

Originally posted by Ben

I'm surprised to hear you say that. Every guest in my house drinks water in a glass with ice. Never had a single complaint.

Maybe you're hanging out with the wrong crowd of Americans.
Old Jun 25th 2004, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Surely the only funny thing here is that we all think it quite normal to buy water! What will it be next...air on discount from Walgreens
Old Jun 25th 2004, 4:56 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Originally posted by ladylisa
Surely the only funny thing here is that we all think it quite normal to buy water! What will it be next...air on discount from Walgreens
well, maybe not at Walgreens, but there are Oxygen Bars

http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/2002/602_air.html

http://www.sfstation.com/bars/2202/
Old Jun 25th 2004, 4:57 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Old Jun 25th 2004, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Chopper-Chris

Thats it I've heard it all now!
Old Jun 25th 2004, 5:33 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

I was always a tap water or soda stream drinker growing up.

I drink only from the filtered fridge water at home but I am a bit partial to Sparklets at work, we did have Ozarka but I found it to be a tad harder on the pallet!
Old Jun 26th 2004, 1:42 am
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

buying soil to make a flowerbed.

Old Jun 26th 2004, 5:00 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sophia_S
just out of interest we had our tap water tested and were told we might as well just go and dip a glass in the swimming pool down the road and drink it!,

You mean the kids pee in your tap water?

We use bottled - those 2.5 gallon dispenser things - ever since we found out that the reason our kids goldfish kept dying was because the local tapwater can't support fish life.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.