British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Boston here we come! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/boston-here-we-come-257433/)

RoB1833 Sep 30th 2004 12:47 am

Boston here we come!

Got a phone call today and the company I have been talking to are sending me an offer letter this week, all they did was telephone interview me a couple of times and with my experience that was enough for them! At last a proper job with proper pay! :D

Exciting and scary at the same time, two big moves in the space of 18 months, but can't wait to get to civilisation again!

Bob Sep 30th 2004 12:52 am

Re: Boston here we come!

Originally Posted by RoB1833
Got a phone call today and the company I have been talking to are sending me an offer letter this week, all they did was telephone interview me a couple of times and with my experience that was enough for them! At last a proper job with proper pay! :D

Exciting and scary at the same time, two big moves in the space of 18 months, but can't wait to get to civilisation again!

Congrats...must be nice not having to sit around for an interview :p

sibsie Sep 30th 2004 1:43 am

Congrats on the job and an early welcome to Beantown. Have you decided what part of Boston you're going to live in?

RoB1833 Sep 30th 2004 3:02 am

Originally Posted by sibsie
Congrats on the job and an early welcome to Beantown. Have you decided what part of Boston you're going to live in?

Thanks!

Initially we're going to give Salem a try. Not found anything definite yet but the rental prices there look reasonable and it seems an easy drive to the airport. My wife is originally from MA and she has fond memories of the area.

sibsie Sep 30th 2004 3:28 am

Thanks!

Initially we're going to give Salem a try. Not found anything definite yet but the rental prices there look reasonable and it seems an easy drive to the airport. My wife is originally from MA and she has fond memories of the area.

Blimey. If you end up in Salem you'll be minutes from me (I'm Rockport) Salem can get a bit trafficky but I make it from my place to downtown Boston in an hour tops.

Big Vern Sep 30th 2004 6:04 pm

Congratulations on the new job.

You'll love it in MA. If we didn't like the Seattle area so much, we'd be over there like a shot.

Top tip - buy a warm coat, some gloves and a shovel...... :rolleyes:

Bob Sep 30th 2004 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Big Vern
...and a shovel...... :rolleyes:

better yet, find someone else to do it *l*

RoB1833 Sep 30th 2004 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Big Vern
Congratulations on the new job.

You'll love it in MA. If we didn't like the Seattle area so much, we'd be over there like a shot.

Top tip - buy a warm coat, some gloves and a shovel...... :rolleyes:

I've heard it gets a bit chilly in the winter, I hope I haven't got too spoilt living down here in 80 degrees plus for most of the year. Will be nice to be away from the summer heat though and I'm really looking forward to living in a place where walking places and public transport are practical.

Bob Sep 30th 2004 7:17 pm

I've heard it gets a bit chilly in the winter, I hope I haven't got too spoilt living down here in 80 degrees plus for most of the year. Will be nice to be away from the summer heat though and I'm really looking forward to living in a place where walking places and public transport are practical.

Don't know bout walking...but the T ain't too bad..and the summer, well it's always been hot and humid when I've made it to Boston *l*

joto Sep 30th 2004 10:57 pm

Welcome to MA. Better get some winter woolies and some snow boots in. You will need them up here. Although I don't think Salem will get such harsh winters as we do in central MA.