Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Boston or Chicago - which would you choose?

Boston or Chicago - which would you choose?

Old Dec 6th 2010, 1:50 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boston or Chicago - which would you choose?

I just moved to Boston and I'm still amazed how much there is to do here. I live in the North End which is the old Italian neighbourhood and it really does have an old neighbourhood feel to it - old men sitting outside shops, drinking espressos and smoking cigars.

A short walk from my apartment there are restaurants, bars, theatres, clubs. Public transportation (the T) is excellent and inexpensive.

However, overall cost of living is very high here. Rents are up with NY or SF. There also seems to be a tax on everything, I guess that's why they call it Taxachussets

I wouldn't go back to Chicago after living in Boston