Boston

Old Oct 13th 2006, 9:55 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Boston

Originally Posted by deng890
Are any of you familiar with the greater Boston area? Im planning on making a move to Boston soon, and was wondering what the good/ bad/ no-go areas are. On most of my trips there Ive found it to be quite a peaceful place, but have heard rumours of some very bad no go areas. Thanks!

Love Boston... Mother Goose is burried there (in the Grannary Cemetary I think)

Also the lady that wore the Scarlet letter.

Boston is really a lot of fun but I did feel a bit weird at The Whites of their Eyes museum. (It wasn't very pro Brit)
Old Oct 14th 2006, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

deng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to all
Default Re: Boston

Hey guys, thanks for all the great responses, its all very helpful and I appreciate all the views. Ive been looking at some places over the last couple of days. One thing I can't get over is driving in Boston....are they going to put street signs up anytime soon??

Originally Posted by BrigieDarling
Love Boston... Mother Goose is burried there (in the Grannary Cemetary I think)

Also the lady that wore the Scarlet letter.

Boston is really a lot of fun but I did feel a bit weird at The Whites of their Eyes museum. (It wasn't very pro Brit)
Old Oct 14th 2006, 10:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, thanks for all the great responses, its all very helpful and I appreciate all the views. Ive been looking at some places over the last couple of days. One thing I can't get over is driving in Boston....are they going to put street signs up anytime soon??
either get a GPS unit, because it sucks, especially in winter when it's zoned parking because of the snow....or better yet, don't, and use the bus/T etc, parking is a pain in the arse and pretty expensive going.
Old Oct 15th 2006, 12:48 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Street signs, and using your signals/indicators are illegal in Boston. Didn't you know?
Old Oct 15th 2006, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Street signs ! .... thats a laugh. Wait till you are out and about away from the city and following a main route, then come to a 5 way intersection with no indication as to which road is the one you are following
Old Oct 15th 2006, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

sanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nice

So has anybody tried the British Beer Company pub in Walpole yet?

sanj2010
Old Oct 15th 2006, 4:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sanj2010
So has anybody tried the British Beer Company pub in Walpole yet?

sanj2010
BB mentioned the one down on the cape as being pretty good, food and drinks.

I still not tried my local one, though it ain't that far, near Gillette stadium.

Walpole, wouldn't have a clue, bloomin' miles away from me...so whats it like up there?
Old Oct 15th 2006, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

sanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nicesanj2010 is just really nice

The foods pretty good and they have done a good job of capturing the British pub atmosphere. It's always been very busy when I have been in there. They certainly water down the cider though!

sanj2010
Old Oct 15th 2006, 6:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by sanj2010
The foods pretty good and they have done a good job of capturing the British pub atmosphere. It's always been very busy when I have been in there. They certainly water down the cider though!

sanj2010
hehe...there use to it being more like apple juice ain't it
Old Oct 15th 2006, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Let's just say that I was surprised the first time I heard a friend offer her 3 year old daughter cider!
Old Oct 17th 2006, 8:18 pm
Paul

smeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud of

I haven't posted in forever ...

As others have mentioned you definitely want to live by a T stop, you won't want to drive downtown every day if thats where you're working.

I lived in Lynn on the north shore, which is a bit of a dump, but I got lucky and was right on the border with Swampscott (lovely town) and only 3 blocks back from the beach. Loved it there, but not way could we afford to buy.

Now we're out in Templeton, which is a helluva commute to our office (in Burlington), but worth it for the house we've bought.

GPS units are great until you get into Boston, as the roads change every 20 minutes. I firmly believe this is why they have no sign posts, as it would be too labour intensive to replace them 50 times a day. Learn how to Karmic Drive. It's the art of picking the right direction and heading there, regardless of other things on the road (or off the road if they have moved a building in your path this week).

Welcome to Boston
Old Oct 17th 2006, 9:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by smeg
GPS units are great until you get into Boston, as the roads change every 20 minutes....
if you can afford a TomTom, they update regularly enough to make it work...so envious
Old Oct 18th 2006, 2:04 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Just chiming in / butting in quickly. Make sure you go to Quincy (pron. "Quin-zee") Market. There's a wicked curry place there.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 1:11 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Just chiming in / butting in quickly. Make sure you go to Quincy (pron. "Quin-zee") Market. There's a wicked curry place there.
Which one? I've had curries there and found them too mild. Salem has a fab Indian with the right heat!
Old Oct 18th 2006, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

silvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the rough

cape ann!!

www.rockportusa.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.