Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Borrowing Barclays PinSentry device

Borrowing Barclays PinSentry device

Old Sep 2nd 2014, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Misterherman is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Borrowing Barclays PinSentry device

I need to borrow someone's Barclays PinSentry device so I can reset my Barclays online account login and password. If you have one it looks like this Google Image Result for http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/Barclays_Pinsentry_5920.jpg.
The device itself has no personal info on it so i would just need to put my Barclays debit card in the device and verify my PIN, get a code and then I'm done.
It will take Barclays 2 weeks to get me the device shipped (it's on its way) but I need to authorize transfers to my Miami account before then.
Long story but if you have a device, live in Miami Beach/Miami then I would come to you or a nearby public meeting place if you prefer and quickly do the necessary and be out of your hair in about 10 minutes.
And of course I'd be forever grateful - maybe I could interest you in a free Packet of Jaffa Cakes!
Thanks

David
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 2:08 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Borrowing Barclays PinSentry device

Hi David, as I hope you understand, folks here don't know you from Adam, so you might not find any takers.

Perhaps take part in the discussions and get to know everyone.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

srefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of light

Barclays have an iPhone\Android app which generates a security code, have you looked into getting this? Might do what you need, although you probably need the pinsentry to set it up!
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 3:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

I've got one of those for my Nationwide account. However they also have an online alternative verification system if there are issues using it.

Barclay's not do that?

Update:

"Log in with your passcode and memorable word. This option is only available if you've already set up your passcode and memorable word."

This is what I can do with Nationwide.

Last edited by Hotscot; Sep 3rd 2014 at 3:41 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 4:21 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't have a pinsentry, Barclays banking outside of the UK is fairly useless. You can do telephone banking but again, this needs to be set up in advance.

I've been caught out quite a few times with different banks all having different ways of doing stuff and had to ask for help or patience from people.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

You need to give a UK mobile number to set up the phone app, I think.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NatashaB View Post
You need to give a UK mobile number to set up the phone app, I think.
Correct. The phone app is useless outside of the UK.
Old Sep 4th 2014, 8:33 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markonline1 View Post
Correct. The phone app is useless outside of the UK.
I wouldn't go that far. I have a UK mobile number (three.co.uk offer an indefinite SIM card on PAYG) which I can receive messages on at no cost in an old Nokia handset I have.

Sorted.

It would be far harder going the other way, given US prepaid operators don't allow international roaming.