British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Boots hits USA! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/boots-hits-usa-460062/)

Adnams Jun 21st 2007 3:02 pm

Re: Boots hits USA!

Originally Posted by Texas Mom (Post 4947554)
I'd love to cos they are my all time favs :(
Like Dolly said I'm a bit on the young side to need to stuff (I know the sooner you start n all that) also I'm confined to barracks Dr's orders.
Camping outside stores isn't uncommon here, usually for a new games console or something though not some face cream, suppose there's a first time for everything. ;) Happy camping!

Yep they do that too for X boxes at Walmart around here. Well I hit 30 a couple (:frown:) of years ago so I am starting, in fact started years ago but nothing seems to have worked yet... but we always fall for the marketing :ohmy:

DollyLlama Jun 21st 2007 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Adnams (Post 4947577)
but we always fall for the marketing :ohmy:

I fall for the marketing hook line and sinker........
My friend's Mum had the most beautiful complexion, she only drank water and used nivea face cream.
She never drank anything else but water since she was 15 :eek:

Adnams Jun 21st 2007 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by DollyLlama (Post 4947617)
My friend's Mum had the most beautiful complexion, she only drank water and used nivea face cream.

Oh well, that's me done for, couldnt give up my sundowners, even for the face of a 21 year old...

DollyLlama Jun 21st 2007 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Adnams (Post 4947623)
Oh well, that's me done for, couldnt give up my sundowners, even for the face of a 21 year old...

It would be too strict for me as well.

Instead of tea or coffee in the morning she had hot water, not even a lemon in it.

Adnams Jun 21st 2007 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by DollyLlama (Post 4947629)
It would be too strict for me as well.

Instead of tea or coffee in the morning she had hot water, not even a lemon in it.

Oh god thats a bit puritanical isnt it??? But it obviously worked. If I dont have at least 3 cups of strong black coffe and no sugar first thing in the a.m. then I might as well go straight back to bed.

I am doomed..... :(

DollyLlama Jun 21st 2007 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Adnams (Post 4947649)
Oh god thats a bit puritanical isnt it??? But it obviously worked. If I dont have at least 3 cups of strong black coffe and no sugar first thing in the a.m. then I might as well go straight back to bed.

I am doomed..... :(

She was very strict about it, even tried to get her daughter (my friend) to do it.
She used to "tut tut" at us drinking black coffee in the mornings :rofl:

Adnams Jun 21st 2007 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by DollyLlama (Post 4947656)
She was very strict about it, even tried to get her daughter (my friend) to do it.
She used to "tut tut" at us drinking black coffee in the mornings :rofl:

What did she do at weddings then? Not even touch the champers? ;)

DollyLlama Jun 21st 2007 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Adnams (Post 4947677)
What did she do at weddings then? Not even touch the champers? ;)

No, she only drank water, not even the "sparkling" type.

Adnams Jun 21st 2007 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by DollyLlama (Post 4947690)
No, she only drank water, not even the "sparkling" type.

Lordy she certainly must have had an iron will.

veronica jayne Jun 21st 2007 4:20 pm

I posted on one of the threads on here a few weeks ago I went to a British convention here and we all got a Boots gift bag, A bottle of REFINE AND REWIND serum, a box of 4 wonderful smelling body butters, lipstick etc and a handful of samples. Very nice.

Adnams Jun 21st 2007 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by DollyLlama (Post 4947322)
If you go to the Target website and enter your zipcode it tells you which stores are out of stock and which ones have limited availability.

:( :( I just checked and all 10 target stores in this state are out of stock.......

TouristTrap Jun 21st 2007 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by DollyLlama (Post 4947617)

What's the use of looking like a kid at 45 if you've not enjoyed life? I'd die if I couldn't have my vinho and a cocktail or two every now and then! :eek:

Ray Jun 21st 2007 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by TouristTrap (Post 4949053)
What's the use of looking like a kid at 45 if you've not enjoyed life? I'd die if I couldn't have my vinho and a cocktail or two every hour or two:

pisshead ..I managed it for 40 years ...

Adnams Jun 21st 2007 8:01 pm

What's the use of looking like a kid at 45 if you've not enjoyed life? I'd die if I couldn't have my vinho and a cocktail or two every now and then! :eek:

:beer: for me and I'll take the wrinkles that goes with it any day.

Adnams Jun 21st 2007 8:29 pm

Okay I'm outta here, time for a "sundowner" "Chorra-peg" and wrinkles. Slurp slurp. :)