Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bollocks.....

Bollocks.....

Old Sep 22nd 2004, 8:27 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Bollocks.....

Originally Posted by evoal2003
i can't believe you took away the number! so much fun lost. LOL
Check the website if you want number
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 9:00 pm
You fat bastard

adeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really nice

Not, my picture, but I did see it...

http://www.joereger.com/mediaout.log...fileImage=null
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 9:05 pm
ElsieTheMaid

Originally Posted by adeshell

Best picture I ever took (I'll have to dig it out) was when I was driving through Tennesse. I stopped at a traffic light and in the pick-up truck next to me were a middle age couple, sitting in on the truck bed in plastic lawn chairs and the woman was doing a major nose dig. That's when I knew I was in the south Fortunately, they didn't see me taking the picture!

Old Sep 22nd 2004, 9:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

nice
needs to be put up in the "whats in a plate" thread
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 9:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElsieTheMaid
Best picture I ever took (I'll have to dig it out) was when I was driving through Tennesse. I stopped at a traffic light and in the pick-up truck next to me were a middle age couple, sitting in on the truck bed in plastic lawn chairs and the woman was doing a major nose dig. That's when I knew I was in the south Fortunately, they didn't see me taking the picture!
Talking of funny pick-ups, saw one a couple weeks ago, had all those peace stickers on it, and then on the back was about going to war in iraq...rather ironic...
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
While were on the subject... I over heard someone say their 'fanny hurt real bad' I know their understanding of the word but I just had to laugh out loud.

Ash
That one kills me too constantly... in fact one of my colleagues only the other day informed me that she was going out on her lunch break to purchase a new "fanny bag"

I've had a few weird looks for the fag one too LOL. Lots of our words for being drunk seem to mean nothing to them too...
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 2:54 am
Emm
BE Enthusiast

Emm is an unknown quantity at this point

I had some major adjusting to do when my 7 year old daughter came home and told me she had a 'bugger' on the school bus!!!

According to school: bug - to annoy or tease someone. Bugger - a person who annoys/teases you. NOT quite the same meaning as in England. I had to backtrack and apologise after seriously telling her off, totally confusing the poor girl.

Pissed also has a different meaning over here, I thoroughly confused my friend by saying that I was 'as pissed as a fart' . 'Bent as a nine bob note' also caused some funny looks...

Emm.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 3:07 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Emm
Pissed also has a different meaning over here, I thoroughly confused my friend by saying that I was 'as pissed as a fart' . 'Bent as a nine bob note' also caused some funny looks...
Aye, i can imagine
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Heather142 will become famous soon enoughHeather142 will become famous soon enough

I often get a few funny looks when I explain Hubby's bad moods as ... 'oh dont worry about him, he's got a major hump!".

Old Sep 23rd 2004, 12:53 pm
You fat bastard

adeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really nice

Originally Posted by ElsieTheMaid
Hey Elaine, long time no see...well you know what I mean....
The grossest thing is after a nose dig when they look at the fruits of their labour....
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 12:56 pm
You fat bastard

Originally Posted by Emm
I had some major adjusting to do when my 7 year old daughter came home and told me she had a 'bugger' on the school bus!!!

According to school: bug - to annoy or tease someone. Bugger - a person who annoys/teases you. NOT quite the same meaning as in England. I had to backtrack and apologise after seriously telling her off, totally confusing the poor girl.

Emm.
Anyone seen the children's toy range (at K-Mart) called 'Little Buggers'...highly amusing....have to get one for my nephew
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 2:02 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

The grossest thing is after a nose dig when they look at the fruits of their labour....
And then eats it...
Old Sep 24th 2004, 5:13 pm

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future

Tempted to put these in the favourite restaurant thread...

Old Sep 24th 2004, 5:31 pm
ElsieTheMaid

EEeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Nice to see you too Adeshell!

Old Sep 24th 2004, 5:40 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
That is great
Well Minger, Manky, they come to mind...
I have never heard these two words... I'll have to look those up.

Here are some British slang words I've heard that I didn't realize what they meant initially:

Plonker
Pillock
Munted
Wally

Also, in the US, a wanker is just a dorky, idiotic person, and is not considered an expletive.

~ Jenney

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.