Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bobbies V.s Cops.

Bobbies V.s Cops.

Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:45 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bobbies V.s Cops.

a night that 14 yo won't forget.... that's some almighty wrath!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:47 am
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
not long ago next door's garage caught fire (courtesy of their 14 year old son having a sneaky fag). This mighty conflagration was attended by:

4 fire engines
3 police cars
1 ladder truck
1 ambulance
1 vehicle marked "heavy rescue squad"

seemed a tad OTT to us
You were hard done by mate, similar thing happened to us and we had all those AND this mob turned up and burnt the ****ing lawn.
Attached Thumbnails Bobbies V.s Cops.-2712861574.jpg  
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:51 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

I had a small kitchen fire, which I couldn't put out. I called for help. Three huge fire engines and the fire chief in his car showed up. All with sirens blazing. I felt really bad that I only needed one person to put it out!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:53 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
a night that 14 yo won't forget.... that's some almighty wrath!
the fire only took hold after laddo had stubbed out his ciggie (or so he thought) and he and the rest of the family had then gone out to the cinema. They came back several hours later (after the firemen had put out the fire and departed) to find the garage a smoking shell and POLICE LINE DO NOT CROSS tape strung all over the place.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 2:01 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

the fire only took hold after laddo had stubbed out his ciggie (or so he thought) and he and the rest of the family had then gone out to the cinema. They came back several hours later (after the firemen had put out the fire and departed) to find the garage a smoking shell and POLICE LINE DO NOT CROSS tape strung all over the place.
And verily God smote the den of iniquity.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 2:23 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
And verily God smote the den of iniquity.
but it did not come to pass that the the son of the house next door did learn a righteous lesson and foreswear the evil tobacco for evermore, for elfman doth still regularly observe the boy indulging in this unhealthy vice when his mother hath gone to market.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pejpm1
The reason for anti social crime is bad parenting, simple as that. If we solved that then we wouldnt need the police to clean up after us....
A very good point and true both sides of the pond!

An interesting E4 advertisment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrkUMjoXWdY

Last edited by Ash UK/US; Apr 25th 2008 at 3:36 am.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:11 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
yeah...god forbid anyone was just enjoying driving faster than the limit.
That's why you go to a closed track. Public roads are not meant for that.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:18 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Our window to his opinion through you might be a more accurate estimation.
You are correct. But I can't get him to get on the forum so it's the best I can do, since I was in a "sharing" mood.

Believe me, I have a more (BE) politically correct view of certain situations in England than he does. I was actually being nice with my post...I edited.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:22 pm
Queen of my house

Originally Posted by paul1968mcr
I've only had a single contact with our local US police - we returned home to find someone had attempted to force the front door - called the non emergency number - cos it wasn't an emergency - was told to wait outside the house....mmmm OK.

3....THATS THREE!! Patrol cars arrived, entered the house guns drawn, then proceeded to photograph everything - they were extremely polite and reassuring, and said they would increase unmarked patrols in the area!

nice to see my property tax at work!
That's how it is where I live, too. I love the Midwest.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:24 pm
Queen of my house

not long ago next door's garage caught fire (courtesy of their 14 year old son having a sneaky fag). This mighty conflagration was attended by:

4 fire engines
3 police cars
1 ladder truck
1 ambulance
1 vehicle marked "heavy rescue squad"

seemed a tad OTT to us
It was the excitement of the day for them. All these people were 'on duty' and available it seems. They're getting paid either way, so why not let go out on a run.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:29 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
It was the excitement of the day for them. All these people were 'on duty' and available it seems. They're getting paid either way, so why not let go out on a run.
True. Some of them consider it a response exercise if anything.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 3:55 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

That's why you go to a closed track. Public roads are not meant for that.
So why did you buy a V8 Mustang instead of the V6...wasn't it for ecological reasons, did you just like the sound of a V8 or so rich you don't have to worry about the increased gas mileage?
Old Apr 25th 2008, 3:57 pm
Queen of my house

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
So why did you buy a V8 Mustang instead of the V6...wasn't it for ecological reasons, did you just like the sound of a V8 or so rich you don't have to worry about the increased gas mileage?
All of the above....and I live 6 miles from work and only work 185 days a year. DH has a V8, also. He has a 2-mile commute.

AND most importantly, I look great in it!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:02 pm
Account Closed

All of the above....and I live 6 miles from work and only work 185 days a year. DH has a V8, also. He has a 2-mile commute.

AND most importantly, I look great in it!
That still doesnt explain why you bought a V8 instead of the V6 if it wasnt for the added performance..ie. exceeding the posted speed limit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.