Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bobbies V.s Cops.

Bobbies V.s Cops.

Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:59 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bobbies V.s Cops.

Originally Posted by Mallory
I guarantee that you would probably be treated politely and courteously if you were pulled over in rural Louisiana. Southern people are extremely polite, including the police. Now to be pulled over in Tampa! That would scare me quite a bit.
That first sentence had me rolling. Oh my goodness. You have no idea what really happens if you're an African-American traveling in the deep south and you get pulled over. Most likely what will happen is that Barney Fife steps out of his squad car. He gets license and registration and books 'em. Arrest seems certain and it's not just a ticket and release. I have family members who've been pulled over going over the limit, not a ridiculous speed mind you, and they've been booked for a day. Southern big city cope wannabes scare me.

Last edited by ugacrew; Apr 24th 2008 at 10:56 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:17 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Son, that's a total disregard for the Law!
The law is an ass.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:23 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
That first sentence had me rolling. Oh my goodness. You have no idea what really happens if you're an African-American traveling in the deep south and you get pulled over. Most likely what will happen is that Barney Fife steps out of his squad car. He gets license and registration and books 'em. Arrest seems certain and it's not just a ticket and release. I have family members who've been pulled over going over the limit, not a ridiculous speed mind you, and they've been booked for a day. Southern big city cope wannabes scare me.
Oh do leave off. If that were really the case then no blacks would ever bother buying a car in the south let alone getting in one and driving, let alone getting in one and driving over the speed limit. Whilst I wouldn't argue they are more likely to be pulled over than whites for you to claim they would "most likely" be pulled over by some Barney Fife character is a load of utter bollocks. I would go as far as to say there are more blacks that drive their cars in the south during the course of a day that DO NOT get pulled over than those that do.

Bit of an exagerration there methinks.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:44 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Oh do leave off. If that were really the case then no blacks would ever bother buying a car in the south let alone getting in one and driving, let alone getting in one and driving over the speed limit. Whilst I wouldn't argue they are more likely to be pulled over than whites for you to claim they would "most likely" be pulled over by some Barney Fife character is a load of utter bollocks. I would go as far as to say there are more blacks that drive their cars in the south during the course of a day that DO NOT get pulled over than those that do.

Bit of an exagerration there methinks.
Yeah yeah...it's no exaggeration. There are still crooked cops down there that have a chip on their shoulder. It's best not to do anything that gives them permission to pull you over such as a light that is out, noticeable speeding, or expired tags. Every time I'm on I-55 going down south in Missouri, I'm constantly reminded by my parents who are usually with me not to speed. This doesn't happen on I-70 or other interstates. However this is just my opinion.

EDIT: To add everybody gets pulled over. It's just a matter of what style of justice which one receives.

Last edited by ugacrew; Apr 24th 2008 at 11:51 pm.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:02 am
Account Closed

It's just a matter of what style of justice which one receives.
Apparently Wesley Snipes agrees.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:03 am
Riding on silver wings

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Apparently Wesley Snipes agrees.
Mhmmmm....
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:05 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah yeah...it's no exaggeration.
Where was that in LA, out by Lake Charles, where the cops were having a whale of a time pulling folks off I-10 for suspected 'drug running'. They impounded a lot of cars at the time (that was the game, they got to keep the cars).
That was a bad time to be looking 'other' and driving through the South.

It's not an exaggeration as far as my friends who live in that part of the country report.

lol, uga, your siggy and my member title thingie collide.. either that, or I have you to thank.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:13 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
FB?
fatbrit...
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:14 am
Riding on silver wings

Originally Posted by Bob
fatbrit...

Ni ni niiiiiiiiiiiii!
You said the word! Don't speak of it. Now get me a shrubbery.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

Seahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
Good points, well presented! But I'd still rather get pulled over there than by on a deserted country road in Louisiana!
I got pulled over on a deserted country road in Louisiana and it didn't turn out half bad.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

Seahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond repute

She was talking about Louisiana, not Georgia.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:26 am
Riding on silver wings

Originally Posted by Seahorse3
She was talking about Louisiana, not Georgia.
It's all the same to me 'cause they've got them funny accents down there you know.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:34 am
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute

I've only had a single contact with our local US police - we returned home to find someone had attempted to force the front door - called the non emergency number - cos it wasn't an emergency - was told to wait outside the house....mmmm OK.

3....THATS THREE!! Patrol cars arrived, entered the house guns drawn, then proceeded to photograph everything - they were extremely polite and reassuring, and said they would increase unmarked patrols in the area!

nice to see my property tax at work!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:40 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I think you're paying way too much tax.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:42 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul1968mcr

3....THATS THREE!! Patrol cars arrived

nice to see my property tax at work!
not long ago next door's garage caught fire (courtesy of their 14 year old son having a sneaky fag). This mighty conflagration was attended by:

4 fire engines
3 police cars
1 ladder truck
1 ambulance
1 vehicle marked "heavy rescue squad"

seemed a tad OTT to us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.