Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bobbies V.s Cops.

Bobbies V.s Cops.

Old May 1st 2008, 8:02 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bobbies V.s Cops.

Originally Posted by ugacrew
...My parents had just purchased a 300D Turbo Diesel Mercedes and they let loose on the road. Close to 100mph for them yet they were being overtaken by Porches and any other exotic car I can think of...
I was going faster than that in an Opel Corsa, admittedly down hill as the cars a bag of spanners

Anyway, beggars can't be choosers when renting a car last minute and it weren't a fun drive anyway as I was heading to Austria, for a funeral.
Old May 1st 2008, 8:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
I would've been out racing this year if Id been in the states still, had the car almost finished and ready to go..but came back to the UK instead.
how much did that set you back on the motor anyway? Just being nosy and curious
Old May 1st 2008, 8:12 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wildmark
Thats a lot of money for a turbo! although 1000bhp would be pretty nippy!
Damn straight thats a lot of money for a turbo kit...especially considering the stage 1 (and I believe the stage 2) kit are run on a standard bottom end.

If I was that into the idea I would rather get a decent low miles Evo E36 M3 and you can turbo them upto 700 hp and still have change for the car and the kit out of the $16K they just want for that kit.
Old May 1st 2008, 8:13 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
how much did that set you back on the motor anyway? Just being nosy and curious
I dread to think..probably paid as much for all the engine, suspension, transmission and brake modifications as I did for the car in the first place.
Old May 1st 2008, 8:16 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Theres a cheapo race series if you miss it that much and quite a few boys from Florida and Georgia etc run in it. Have to get the NASA licence (through track days) but to build the car competetively wont break you. They race nationwide but have region series.

www.spece30.com

I would've been out racing this year if Id been in the states still, had the car almost finished and ready to go..but came back to the UK instead.

As an aside. I wanted to go the turbo route with the BMW but it has taken tuners years to get around the BMW double Vanos system. Now they have...they want $16,000 for a turbo kit for an M3 E46!!!!!!!

However it will give it 512bhp on 6psi AND THATS JUST THE STAGE 1 KIT!!

Stage 2 will give 760bhp for $18,500

and stage 3 gives 1000BHP for $31,000

****ed if Im paying that much. I'll go get a fireblade or Hyabusa instead
You know you want to. You can taste that 3rd stage upgrade kit in your mouth right now. Now go and play the lotto to make it happen.
Originally Posted by anotherlimey
That's gansta!
Fa shizzle my nizzle!

...word!
Vanilla Ice wants his trademark back.
Old May 1st 2008, 11:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Cost of high performance car ................... $75000-$120000.
Speed and thrill .............. Exhilirating
Picture from Police helecopter for speeding...........Priceless !!
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

I Agree, I put lowered coilovers and uprated sway bars and the car handles much better than it should for such a heavy car and the Brembo's help but it would be no match on the track, on the straight I would imagine mine would have the edge.

In the UK I had a 2003 Impreza that I kitted out for the track, 400bhp and track suspension, that thing was Unbeliveably FAST round a track many time s I have lapped much more expensive machinery from Germany and Italy...I miss the bends, but sadly over here there hard to come by!
The only thing I can suggest for this area (if you've not already done it....) is if you go inland from Tampa, taking the diagonal back roads across the state towards Fort Lauderdale, then you will come across the odd road that reminds you of the UK a bit.

My day to day driving around Tampa=no bends, whatsoever.
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
Cost of high performance car ................... $75000-$120000. Morelike $40K in my case
Speed and thrill .............. Exhilirating Agreed
Picture from Police helecopter for speeding...........Priceless !! If they has as many as they have warning signs for them there would never be any daylight.