Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

BMI Cancelling MAN to USA flights starting Jan 09

Wikiposts

BMI Cancelling MAN to USA flights starting Jan 09

Old Nov 8th 2008, 12:15 am
Just Joined

barrylynch is just really nicebarrylynch is just really nicebarrylynch is just really nicebarrylynch is just really nicebarrylynch is just really nicebarrylynch is just really nicebarrylynch is just really nicebarrylynch is just really nicebarrylynch is just really nicebarrylynch is just really nice
Default Re: BMI Cancelling MAN to USA flights starting Jan 09

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
I hate BMI with a passion and will never fly with them again after the debacle last time, lost/delayed baggage in both directions, local delays meaning we missed our transatlantic flight and then got lumped on a different flight but not seated together, they booked us on flights that were way later than they needed to and we ended up waiting at heathrow for 4 hours when we could have been on an earlier flight back to manchester with a short wait.

Pile of pants they were.

We usually fly AA through ORD on AA55 but on the occasion above they were booked up.
There have been issues with BMI and United before. Last year United oversold the seats to ORD and we missed our BMI flight to the UK . Re-booking was a nightmare , neither company talked to each other as as you say we had seats all over the plane my 9year old girl was assigend a seat alone in the middle of 3 . So yes for me any mixed flights were bad but i have flown them hundreds of times over the last 7 years and thankfully i can count on one hand any big issues.( this one was the worst).
For me the planes we new and clean and the service was good , this year i brought my wife a 40th Birthday gift on board as it was her birthday the morning we were arriving in the UK , BMI helped mr deliver the gift in the bottom of a champaign glass and provide the bottle free along with a sing song of happy Birthday.

Last edited by barrylynch; Nov 8th 2008 at 12:22 am.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 11:10 am
Account Closed

garrettciaran is an unknown quantity at this point

I always use US Airways, Philly to Manchester, then Aer Lingus to Dublin. Still think they are shooting themselves in the foot by cancelling flights from Manchester, I flew BMI once it was a terrific flight and excellent food.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

As Manc said, American still flies 767s on Manchester - Chicago O'Hare, every day.

Aer Lingus offers Chicago - Dublin w/connections to several UK Airports.

Jim.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 9:41 am
Just Joined

WelshDoll will become famous soon enoughWelshDoll will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
As Manc said, American still flies 767s on Manchester - Chicago O'Hare, every day.

Aer Lingus offers Chicago - Dublin w/connections to several UK Airports.

Jim.
I was disappointed to hear that BMI were cancelling the MAN-ORD route as I had always been happy with their service, much better aircraft than BA 's prehistoric Boeing that was used on the JFK-MAN route last month when I visited home.
It is still possible to fly direct from JFK to Manchester with Delta who operate a code share with Air France so that is the one I will have to use from now on, at least till that one gets given the boot too. I wonder what the impact these cuts in service will be on Manchester Airport itself.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 12:01 am
Just Joined

barrylynch is just really nicebarrylynch is just really nicebarrylynch is just really nicebarrylynch is just really nicebarrylynch is just really nicebarrylynch is just really nicebarrylynch is just really nicebarrylynch is just really nicebarrylynch is just really nicebarrylynch is just really nice

Originally Posted by WelshDoll
I was disappointed to hear that BMI were cancelling the MAN-ORD route as I had always been happy with their service, much better aircraft than BA 's prehistoric Boeing that was used on the JFK-MAN route last month when I visited home.
It is still possible to fly direct from JFK to Manchester with Delta who operate a code share with Air France so that is the one I will have to use from now on, at least till that one gets given the boot too. I wonder what the impact these cuts in service will be on Manchester Airport itself.
Good point , though this is only one flight a day ( always full recently) they have lost others . The biggest loss recently was EXCEL airways group from T1 and also the Travel City Direct USA flights.