Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bloody Women Drivers

Bloody Women Drivers

Old Nov 26th 2003, 1:43 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bloody Women Drivers

Driving to the office this morning on the Interstate, I looked over to my left and there was a woman in a brand new Cadillac doing 65 mph with her face up next to her rear view mirror putting on her eyeliner. I looked away for a couple seconds and when I looked back she was halfway over in my lane, still working on that makeup.

As a man, I don't scare easily. But she scared me so much; I dropped my electric shaver, which knocked the donut out of my other hand. In all the confusion of trying to straighten out the car using my knees against the steering wheel, it knocked my cell phone away from my ear which fell into the coffee between my legs, splashed, and burned Big Jim and the Twins, ruined the damn phone, soaked my trousers, and disconnected an important call. Bloody women drivers ! !
Old Nov 26th 2003, 2:13 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bloody Women Drivers

Thanks Patrick... that really brightened a bad morning....Now I have aches thru laughing..
Old Nov 26th 2003, 11:52 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Patrick
Driving to the office this morning on the Interstate, I looked over to my left and there was a woman in a brand new Cadillac ....
Sounds about right for these parts. In past few months, among the many crazy things that I have seen on the road are:

A woman driving a large SUV in heavy rush hour traffic at 50mph on the interstate in Charlotte, whilst eating her breakfast - a bowl of cereal! :scared: , and .....

A woman driving her Volvo at 60mph on the interstate in moderately heavy rush hour traffic (outskirts of town), ...... whilst reading a book, and not a map, an honest-to-goodness book! :scared: :scared: :scared:

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 27th 2003 at 11:58 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2003, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

SueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Patrick
Driving to the office this morning on the Interstate, I looked over to my left and there was a woman in a brand new Cadillac doing 65 mph with her face up next to her rear view mirror putting on her eyeliner. I looked away for a couple seconds and when I looked back she was halfway over in my lane, still working on that makeup.

As a man, I don't scare easily. But she scared me so much; I dropped my electric shaver, which knocked the donut out of my other hand. In all the confusion of trying to straighten out the car using my knees against the steering wheel, it knocked my cell phone away from my ear which fell into the coffee between my legs, splashed, and burned Big Jim and the Twins, ruined the damn phone, soaked my trousers, and disconnected an important call. Bloody women drivers ! !

LOL
Old Nov 28th 2003, 4:05 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Pulaski
A woman driving her Volvo at 60mph on the interstate in moderately heavy rush hour traffic (outskirts of town), ...... whilst reading a book, and not a map, an honest-to-goodness book! :scared: :scared: :scared:

I was just coming to the good bit!

It is however wrong for any woman to aply make-up whilst driving! The light is all wrong inside your car!

Make sure you blend the blusher before leaving the house.... And if you don't want lipstick on your teeth drink a cup of coffee and then wait untill the next red light before touching up your second coat! Remember less is more ladies!

Mascara is best done at high speeds because you can skip using the eye-lash curler by simply sticking your head out the window with eyes wide open. Note: After this is the perfect oportunity for hair spray... if you want a natural wind swept 'up-do'!

Nails can only be done in the slow lane... dipping the brush will cause you to templorarily look down and re-think your wardrobe. Put seat all the way back for easy access to shopping bag from Macy's in back seat!... Don't forget Accessories!!
Old Nov 28th 2003, 5:13 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BrigieDarling

Mascara is best done at high speeds because you can skip using the eye-lash curler by simply sticking your head out the window with eyes wide open.
HAHAHA!!!!!!!! That sounds more like the quick-dry method...

And Patrick, I'm in stitches

Juliet
Old Nov 30th 2003, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

RubyWine is an unknown quantity at this point

Well we have to have something to keep us occupied when we are sat alone in that car with nobody to talk to !!!!!!!

Old Nov 30th 2003, 3:28 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

ha ha!

We were running late yesterday, so I took along my bottle of bright red varnish to touch up my toenails, and had hubby looking at me very nervously the whole time that he was driving.

Women is a synonym for multi-tasking, you males should know that by now.
Old Nov 30th 2003, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Sparkster is an unknown quantity at this point

The worst drivers arn't women. there the Spanish. On many accounts in Spain have a witnessed incompetence in motion.

Case 1 - this is what a friend of mine saw

Old Spanish woman in car, indicates to go left, turns right swirves to miss another car hits the pavement actually truns the car over, crawls out and runs into a grocery store to hide.

Case 2 - what I saw

Spanish taxi driver pulls up drop someone off, in doing so blocks off side road leading off the main road. Other spanish driver who comes up the side road but can't turn off due to the taxi cab leans out the window and starts shouting out some spanish profanities. Taxe driver refuses to move so the other car backes up then using the run up gather up as much speed as possible and smashes his way through the taxi cab (I kid you not)

Case 2 - Taxe cab I was in (Not same story as case 2)

No accident involved, but I was scared something cronic when been taken from the airport by a spanish taxi cab that starts going down the main road at 135 mph.
Old Nov 30th 2003, 7:00 pm
Moderated

matt_in_philly is an unknown quantity at this point

The story is so funny that I knocked off my laptop when I'm reading it and as I tried to reach for it I rear-ended the Chevy in front of me.