Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

A bloody good question!!!

A bloody good question!!!

Old Jan 27th 2004, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold
Default A bloody good question!!!

Sister just emigrated to NZ as a nurse, which got me planning to experience life abroad also when my nurse training is over. Started to research USA, Canada, Oz and NZ. However, a post in the Oz section got me thinking. They said after 15 yrs they are tired of having no culture, having people who talk of only sport, laughable politics etc etc. They said the good weather and beaches factor has worn thin and it worried me. Has anyone here experienced the same through they're experiences?
Old Jan 27th 2004, 10:48 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

It depends what you're looking for from life. I wasn't looking for a holiday...I was looking for a life that was a bit more rewarding and to be able to live with my partner and buy a house. I wanted less congestion and traffic and better weather. I got most of that and am working on the rest. I guess the only way you will ever know how it effects you is to do it. It's never as you expect it to be, and it can be better or worse but you don't know till you get here. Anything else is a fantasy.
Old Jan 29th 2004, 1:36 am
Lt Cl (Rtd)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A bloody good question!!!

I think that many people who find life overseas not to their liking have false expectations.

I love it, and don't miss much about the UK - British politics suck, "the arts" were never really a big thing for me - sure it was nice to have theaters nearby when I lived in London, but there was rarely anything that I wanted to go and actually see. So don't expect to see me whinging and whining ten years from now!

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 31st 2004 at 1:41 am.