Bliss!!!!

Old Feb 12th 2005, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Lesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bliss!!!!

I just watched an episode of Eastenders on http://www.couchtracker.com/

I know this subject comes up a lot, and this torrent stuff is all totally new to me, but I just wanted to let anyone who might be interested that if you join this site, it definitely works... I just watched the whole episode, although I am sort of unsure what to do now - am I supposed to be somehow sharing this when I am watching it? I downloaded it, and once I had, I clicked finish - do I need to stay on that screen to enable other people to download too?

I am just on cloud nine today - Direct TV let me out of the contract since they cant position the dish in the new place (yippeee it was crap anyway) - and now in its place I can watch Corrie and Eastenders They also opened the first "British supermarket" in Memphis too! I'm so darn excited I just lit my cigarette at the wrong end
Old Feb 12th 2005, 1:58 am
Franklin

Default Re: Bliss!!!!

Originally Posted by Lesley1020

I know this subject comes up a lot, and this torrent stuff is all totally new to me, but I just wanted to let anyone who might be interested that if you join this site, it definitely works... I just watched the whole episode, although I am sort of unsure what to do now - am I supposed to be somehow sharing this when I am watching it? I downloaded it, and once I had, I clicked finish - do I need to stay on that screen to enable other people to download too?

I am just on cloud nine today - Direct TV let me out of the contract since they cant position the dish in the new place (yippeee it was crap anyway) - and now in its place I can watch Corrie and Eastenders They also opened the first "British supermarket" in Memphis too! I'm so darn excited I just lit my cigarette at the wrong end
U seem to be in very good spirits. Just don't drink too many of them!

Old Feb 12th 2005, 3:48 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

They don't have a ratio thing, so you don't have to keep on sharing if you don't want to, but it's kind of etiqutte to at least share the file for 24 hours, or till you get a ratio of 1:1 -Download:upload.

Just keep the torrent client going and it'll do its thing.
Might want to get peerguardian: www.methlabs.org
It'll block nasties from checking out what your getting because the MPAA etc are cracking down on this file sharing malarky, they just shut down lokitorrents, which was one of the biggest tracking sites after supernova, which also got shut down.

http://www.eeworldwide.com/ee/index2.htm That's for direct downloads of east enders, not quite as good quality, but they are direct downloads and 30mb a go.

Actually, there's a pretty good thread in the US section about blighty shows
Old Feb 12th 2005, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

don't you just hate it when that happens
Old Feb 12th 2005, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

Too funny.

I downloaded an episode too and it was excellent quality. Then afterwards I went to delete the file and I got this msg:

"Cannot delete as file is being used by another person or program"

What does this mean?

How/when can I delete the file?

- Sorry - I have managed to delete it now.

Still don't understand all this stuff though!

Is this illegal?

Last edited by britchicknyc; Feb 12th 2005 at 8:47 pm.
Old Feb 12th 2005, 9:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

That just meant that the torrent client is still sharing the file, so that others can download it too...you should keep and share the file for at least 24 hours, or until you get a ratio of 1:1, that's just torrent etiquette.

as for legality, it's a grey area with regards to stuff that you can't naturally get on the tele or go buy. In the states, filesharing is illegal if you do not own the copyright to the material. I don't think it is in Canada and the ME, or the far east...less strict in the UK, but it's becoming that way.