Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Blenders, mixers, food processors

Blenders, mixers, food processors

Old Jul 30th 2013, 1:05 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blenders, mixers, food processors

I have a Kitchenaid as well. It came with a separate jar for soups etc. Easy to clean and durable. I got it at Costco.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 6:10 am
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Mr. Weeze is doing it wrong.

A margarita is good 100% de agave tequila, cointreau (or similar), fresh squeezed lemon, shaken on the rocks with salt and a slice of lime on the rim. Start the ratio at 1:1:1 and adjust according to taste.

No blender. No frozen stuff. No cheap tequila. No lime juice (unless its unsweetened key lime). No cans of junk. No cheap mixers.

Consider yourself edumacated.
All that, but in a margaritaville machine for the frozen margarita - can't beat it. I'm Northern, therefore beyond education anyway.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 8:56 pm
Devourer of Books

Pegster is an unknown quantity at this point

I love my kitchenaid... I want the mincer attachment, but can't afford it at the moment
Old Jul 31st 2013, 4:38 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

The original blender that does soups and ice cream is the Vita-Mix. Too damn pricey, but Mom bought me one several years ago. I like mine, though it's LOUD lol... and also I'm frustrated with it at the moment because I can't use it as a chutney grinder to make homemade curry pastes as it's not small enough.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Kitchen Aid but without any attachments. I only use it a few times a year for chocolate mousse and a fruit cake at Christmas. Those tasks would be so much harder without it though. 3 blenders, an older Breville for drinks and smoothies, Ninja for blending soups and a hand held Cuisinart for semi blending soups to leave them with bits of veggies. Knife and chopping board for food processing.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 5:44 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

I make alot of smoothies in mine. It actually saves me money because I was buying several a week and now I can blend my own concoctions.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Speedwell
The original blender that does soups and ice cream is the Vita-Mix. Too damn pricey, but Mom bought me one several years ago. I like mine, though it's LOUD lol... and also I'm frustrated with it at the moment because I can't use it as a chutney grinder to make homemade curry pastes as it's not small enough.
Love my Vita-mix gets things sooo much smoother. Also while they are expensive they have a lifetime warranty, in the unlikely event it breaks you can ship it back and they'll fix it. They are pretty much restaurant quality.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

LeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Love my Vita-mix gets things sooo much smoother. Also while they are expensive they have a lifetime warranty, in the unlikely event it breaks you can ship it back and they'll fix it. They are pretty much restaurant quality.
Thanks. i think i saw the Vita-Mix one at Frys and i liked the look of it. Will check out all these suggestions. Thank you
Old Aug 1st 2013, 2:32 am
Just Joined

ascotsgranny is an unknown quantity at this point

I would bring everything you have with you and purchase a transformer to keep in your kitchen to use here in USA. One that transforms USA 110 up to UK 220. Not inexpensive, but less expensive than replacing appliances here which will only disappoint you because, being that they only run on 110, they are so much less powerful. Besides, anything made in the last 10 years is rubbish. Stick to anything you've had for a long time. As they say "they don't make things like they used to." When it comes to appliances, I can vouch for that!
Old Aug 1st 2013, 2:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ascotsgranny
I would bring everything you have with you and purchase a transformer to keep in your kitchen to use here in USA. One that transforms USA 110 up to UK 220. Not inexpensive, but less expensive than replacing appliances here which will only disappoint you because, being that they only run on 110, they are so much less powerful. Besides, anything made in the last 10 years is rubbish. Stick to anything you've had for a long time. As they say "they don't make things like they used to." When it comes to appliances, I can vouch for that!
Common falsehood. They make things just as badly as they used to. There have always been quality products that last and other less well made things that broke and get forgotten about. You've clearly also never used a vitamix.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

LeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ascotsgranny
Oh no! We sold everything before we came. I loved my Kitchen Aid until I smashed the glass jug (although I know they now do plastic jugs which makes way more sense)! It's funny, things like that are much cheaper here but other things (like Rattan furniture) costs so much more than the UK.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 2:39 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone happen to know of a cheap and reliable 110-volt blender (mixer-grinder) for curry paste and chutney ("mixie" as they are apparently called)? The ones I've seen have been in the 125-150 dollar range.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 3:32 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone happen to know of a cheap and reliable 110-volt blender (mixer-grinder) for curry paste and chutney ("mixie" as they are apparently called)? The ones I've seen have been in the 125-150 dollar range.
I have the 230V version of this and find it excellent
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-St...-/141022368727
Old Aug 1st 2013, 4:11 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

At Sharwoods we used to just use electric coffee grinders
Old Aug 1st 2013, 5:20 pm
Mouthy Yank

Originally Posted by Weeze
At Sharwoods we used to just use electric coffee grinders
Oh really, awesome. For wet grinding too?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.