Reload this Page >

Blaze told me to come here and talk about meself

Blaze told me to come here and talk about meself

Old Dec 17th 2006, 6:36 pm
Account Closed

genteel_old_tosser64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Blaze told me to come here and talk about meself

Originally Posted by fatbrit
"The Welsh character is an interesting study," said Dr. Fagan. "I have often considered writing a little monograph on the subject, but I was afraid it might make me unpopular in the village. The ignorant speak of them as Celts, which is of course wholly erroneous. They are of pure Iberian stock-- the aboriginal inhabitants of Europe who survive only in Portugal and the Basque district. Celts readily intermarry with their neighbours and absorb them. From the earliest times the Welsh have been looked upon as an unclean people. It is thus that they have preserved their racial integrity. Their sons and daughters rarely mate with human-kind except their own blood relations. In Wales there was no need for legislation to prevent the conquering people intermarrying with the conquered. In Ireland that was necessary, for there intermarriage was a political matter. In Wales it was moral. I hope, by the way, you have no Welsh blood?"

Waugh -- Decline & Fall
Old Dec 17th 2006, 6:54 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by genteel_old_tosser64

So you have no love of modern literature?
Old Dec 17th 2006, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

So here goes .....am originally from Porthcawl South Wales (midway between Cardiff and Swansea) hubby is also. we live in Greenville South Carolina husband is a senior manufacturing engineer with Allied Signal Aerospace Div. I putter with buying and selling antique jewelry. Have two grown sons both born in these United States, we retain our Welsh heritage though we are now US citizens, we just joined the melting pot and assimilated very well.

We live close to the mountains and also the great carolina beaches. My idea of a wonderful few days is to visit Charleston SC and enjoy the historic buildings and history .........great seafood also. Hilton Head Island for a golfing weekend thats if you are in to hitting balls
Welcome
I'm in Little river SC just a hour and a half up the road to Charleston.........my fave place to go for a weekend escape and a great meal or two.
Love walking around the town and never needing the car
I love SC seafood, especially the local shrimp at our little docks... yummy
Old Dec 17th 2006, 10:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tbag
Welcome
I'm in Little river SC just a hour and a half up the road to Charleston.........my fave place to go for a weekend escape and a great meal or two.
Love walking around the town and never needing the car
I love SC seafood, especially the local shrimp at our little docks... yummy
Up above North Myrtle Beach....lucky you. Go there couple times a year with friend we hang out at Broadway at the Beach lol
Old Dec 17th 2006, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

So you have no love of modern literature?
Waugh was pissed off all of his life , shame on his parents for giving him a girls name ......evelyn. Poor sod died inthe loo. By the way I really dont "bait" easily go find some one else to stir hon
Old Dec 17th 2006, 11:10 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

By the way I really dont "bait" easily go find some one else to stir hon
Au contraire...it would seem judging by this thread. But welcome anyway.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 1:23 am
No income tax no V.A.T.

Rodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond repute

So here goes .....am originally from Porthcawl South Wales (midway between Cardiff and Swansea) hubby is also. we live in Greenville South Carolina husband is a senior manufacturing engineer with Allied Signal Aerospace Div. I putter with buying and selling antique jewelry. Have two grown sons both born in these United States, we retain our Welsh heritage though we are now US citizens, we just joined the melting pot and assimilated very well.

We live close to the mountains and also the great carolina beaches. My idea of a wonderful few days is to visit Charleston SC and enjoy the historic buildings and history .........great seafood also. Hilton Head Island for a golfing weekend thats if you are in to hitting balls
Alright Taff. Welcome to BE.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 8:48 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE!

Old Dec 19th 2006, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

englishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond repute

"The Welsh character is an interesting study," said Dr. Fagan. "I have often considered writing a little monograph on the subject, but I was afraid it might make me unpopular in the village. The ignorant speak of them as Celts, which is of course wholly erroneous. They are of pure Iberian stock-- the aboriginal inhabitants of Europe who survive only in Portugal and the Basque district. Celts readily intermarry with their neighbours and absorb them. From the earliest times the Welsh have been looked upon as an unclean people. It is thus that they have preserved their racial integrity. Their sons and daughters rarely mate with human-kind except their own blood relations. In Wales there was no need for legislation to prevent the conquering people intermarrying with the conquered. In Ireland that was necessary, for there intermarriage was a political matter. In Wales it was moral. I hope, by the way, you have no Welsh blood?"

Waugh -- Decline & Fall
OMG!
does this mean i am unclean?

I MARRIED A WELSHMAN
Old Dec 19th 2006, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

englishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond repute

Waugh was pissed off all of his life , shame on his parents for giving him a girls name ......evelyn. poor sod died in the loo By the way I really dont "bait" easily go find some one else to stir hon
So did Elvis
Old Dec 19th 2006, 2:19 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by englishnurse
OMG!
does this mean i am unclean?

I MARRIED A WELSHMAN
We all have our crosses to bear, I'm afraid!

BTW, you got a moving out date yet?
Old Dec 19th 2006, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

We all have our crosses to bear, I'm afraid!

BTW, you got a moving out date yet?
well its all gone pete tong in our household!
needless to say am stuck here, on the welsh border, waiting waiting waiting
Old Dec 19th 2006, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

soap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to behold

Hi Genteel Old Tosser 64

I am from Porthcawl as well. Move here to the US in June 05, but I'm in LA. We moved with my husbands job and have two sons (11 and 9).

Soap addict
Old Dec 19th 2006, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soap addict
Hi Genteel Old Tosser 64

I am from Porthcawl as well. Move here to the US in June 05, but I'm in LA. We moved with my husbands job and have two sons (11 and 9).

Soap addict
This Woman, yes it was a Woman has left us now saying we are not nice in here and called us assholes I wish she would just pop back and put the record straight because a friend is getting alot of flak over this.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

TaffyinOK has a spectacular aura aboutTaffyinOK has a spectacular aura aboutTaffyinOK has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to BE genteel-old-tosser
My mother's side of the family were all from around the Porthcawl/Bridgend area and I spent quite a lot of time there when I was young.
Cymru am Byth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.