Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Blair Likely to Call Feb 2005 Election

Blair Likely to Call Feb 2005 Election

Old Oct 31st 2004, 11:09 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Blair Likely to Call Feb 2005 Election

It seems that Tony Blair is likely to call the General Election to take place next February:

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...157678,00.html

Any British Citizens who are resident overseas are eligible to vote as long as it was no longer than 15 years ago since they last lived in the UK.

You just need to contact the local district council of the last town you lived in before leaving to live overseas - they will send you a registration form for a postal vote (I get my sister to make a 'proxy' vote on my behalf).
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

megs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Blair Likely to Call Feb 2005 Election

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Any British Citizens who are resident overseas are eligible to vote as long as it was no longer than 15 years ago since they last lived in the UK.

You just need to contact the local district council of the last town you lived in before leaving to live overseas - they will send you a registration form for a postal vote (I get my sister to make a 'proxy' vote on my behalf).
I think the deadline for registration was October 15th though.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:15 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megs
I think the deadline for registration was October 15th though.
There is now a rolling register so you can be added to the list at any time, as far as I know.

Jeremy
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:23 am
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

Yes the rolling register is rolling. I just got the forms, however I have to get another UK passport holder to sign it! So if anyone is in the North Bay or SF email me please.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Mad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow so now all the b/s starts in the Uk. Just as it comes to an end here. I do not think I will bother to vote, they will all do just as they want anyway.