Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Blair has Heart Attack

Blair has Heart Attack

Old Oct 19th 2003, 8:40 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Blair has Heart Attack

If you need to know the difference between the UK and US press - I heard on the radio that Tony Blair had a heart attack and was rushed to hospital. I came straight home and went on the BBC website and this is how they report it

The prime minister was admitted to hospital at lunchtime on Sunday suffering from an irregular heart beat.

Sensationalism and Journalism, amazing!

Patrick

whole story here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3205888.stm
Old Oct 19th 2003, 11:35 pm
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Blair has Heart Attack

Originally posted by Patrick
The prime minister was admitted to hospital at lunchtime on Sunday suffering from an irregular heart beat.
That's just good old British stoicism

Made me gawk when I say the thread, thanks for the link.
Old Oct 20th 2003, 12:27 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blair has Heart Attack

Originally posted by nathan barley
That's just good old British stoicism

Made me gawk when I say the thread, thanks for the link.
Exactly, when I heard it on the radio I had flashbacks to John Smith. The US reporting made it sound as if he was on his last legs rather than what the truth actually was. As much as I disagree with a lot of his policies I am still British and he is still my Prime Minister, it takes news like that to make you realise you have completly abandoned the home land (except obviously to go back and get dental work done illegally)

Patrick
Old Oct 20th 2003, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I think it is just spin...trying to prove he has a heart at all.
Old Oct 20th 2003, 7:50 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

LOL @ Doctor Scrumpy. Actually, I just heard that he went into SVT (Supra Ventricular Tachycardia) which is actually quite serious as it can precede VT (Ventricular Tachycardia)...a serious arhythmia. People in the CCU used to get it and you should have seen how we ran! LOL. It's probably stress that's caused it, as he's normally quite healthy, but I can't believe he's back at work already. More spin and British stiff upper lip. It's not a "heart attack" though.

Last edited by Rockgurl; Oct 20th 2003 at 8:22 am.
Old Oct 20th 2003, 11:59 pm
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

CNN ran this last night, and they seemed pretty level headed about it; they basically went along the same lines as the BBC article. I wonder what FauxNews' response was....
Old Oct 21st 2003, 1:47 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

[ It's probably stress that's caused it]

Invading countries on fraudulent "evidence" can just make one so tense , can't it. Not to mention being in bed with George W. :scared:
Old Oct 21st 2003, 1:50 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
I think it is just spin...trying to prove he has a heart at all.
Yeah, I just thought that he was a cardboard cut-out!