Black snow

Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:42 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Black snow

My daughter thought going out to deliberately go out to take photos of the mounds of black snow was the most fun thing to do.

I already put my piccies on another thread, which is here.

You got any? I think my three best pics are the ones where my daughter is infront of the big pile outside Walmart with the shopping trolleys in it , where she's waving as she's having such fun (yeah... she can be a little odd from time to time) and the one where the snow looks like a big pile of poo.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 3:03 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Black snow

Originally Posted by Maz
My daughter thought going out to deliberately go out to take photos of the mounds of black snow was the most fun thing to do.

I already put my piccies on another thread, which is here.

You got any? I think my three best pics are the ones where my daughter is infront of the big pile outside Walmart with the shopping trolleys in it , where she's waving as she's having such fun (yeah... she can be a little odd from time to time) and the one where the snow looks like a big pile of poo.
Better than a big pile of yellow snow, eh?

NC Penguin
Old Mar 13th 2007, 3:24 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Better than a big pile of yellow snow, eh?

NC Penguin
Actually I hate to think of all the crap (maybe literally) that's in those piles of black snow... in particular this one, which just looks like a big pile o' poo:

Old Mar 13th 2007, 3:37 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

pollution and grit/salts...they add shite on the snow piles so when it melts, it doesn't completely make a mess....well up in maine at least...
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:46 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
pollution and grit/salts...they add shite on the snow piles so when it melts, it doesn't completely make a mess....well up in maine at least...
I was always amazed at all the crap left when the huge piles of snow-plowed snow melted off in the parking lots up north- pallets, diapers, old tires, sign poles, even saw a baby stroller (sans baby I assume) once...let alone the dirt, paper and other refuse left there.

When I was a kid we visited South Bend IN to see family- and back then the city put out a mixture of salt and ground up coal cinders- talk about a mess... black snow everywhere along the roads, it was awful!
Old Mar 13th 2007, 12:11 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

The worst I ever saw was in Moscow. Black snow falling on top of more black snow. Cars covered in it for the whole of the winter.

I read somewhere that the snow piles in upstate New York (where they had like 10 feet of snow) probably won't be gone until June or July. Yuck.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:05 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinsix

I read somewhere that the snow piles in upstate New York (where they had like 10 feet of snow) probably won't be gone until June or July. Yuck.
What they call mud season, like that in most of maine, it just pools in the ground because the ice underneath hasn't melted so there's no where for the water to go and the whole place goes brown and muddy...but last few years, it hasn't lasted long, so the loggers are happy as they can't work during mud season, ground is to soft for the trucks, but during summer and freezing winter, they are all set.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:55 pm
The OC

MancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really nice

Originally Posted by Maz
Actually I hate to think of all the crap (maybe literally) that's in those piles of black snow... in particular this one, which just looks like a big pile o' poo:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...ack_snow_5.jpg
Local news:

Constipated elephant escapes from local zoo, more at 11.

We need a caption comp on this forum.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 12:19 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I had replied to this but have ended up replying to your new zealand thread ...have no idea how I did that