Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Black Pudding.

Black Pudding.

Old Dec 16th 2010, 2:16 am
redruM

southerncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nice
Default Black Pudding.

Having promised the Mrs. a traditional English/Irish Christmas breakfast I now find my self short of Black Pudding.

If anyone knows as to where this item may be purchased in southern California (preferably the San Diego County area) I would be most grateful.

Thanking you in advance for your time and wishing you all the best during the holidays.

Cheers.

SC.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Oregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Black Pudding.

Hillcrest has everything...lol

Sausage king
811 W Washington St
(between 8th Ave & Falcon St)
San Diego, CA 92103
Neighborhood: Mission Hills
(619) 297-4301
Old Dec 16th 2010, 2:48 am
redruM

southerncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nice

Thank you for the swift response and for posting the exact address.

I didn't relish the idea of walking around Hillcrest asking for the Sausage King!
Old Dec 16th 2010, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Oregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond repute

My Pleasure, It is one of the city's oldie but goodies, you will be impressed when you walk inside and see the selection available...
I had to chuckle when I read your post , truly I never even gave it a thought, ...That is until you pointed it out Ha !
Happy Holidays.

Last edited by Oregon4now; Dec 16th 2010 at 4:41 am.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 7:43 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Unexpected conversation I just had at work: Woman from another department who I’ve rarely spoken to approached me as I was making my customary mid-afternoon cuppa and said: “I hear you’re the only other person in the office besides me who likes blood sausage”. Turns out she grew up in some part of Scandinavia where they can’t get enough of it, and had been wondering if people would eat it if she brought some to next week’s pot luck office holiday lunch. Her departmental admin assistant apparently told her “Well elfman will appreciate it, he loves it” – because I think I once told her (about six years ago) that black pudding is a traditional component of a big cooked breakfast in some parts of Britain. The truth is I have eaten it on occasion and it’s ok, but now I’m slightly concerned that she’s going to bring some in next week and expect me to eat a shitload of it in front of an audience of co-workers.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 8:09 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
... but now I’m slightly concerned that she’s going to bring some in next week and expect me to eat a shitload of it in front of an audience of co-workers.
It depends on how you replied to her opening salvo...if you agreed that you like it, you may well have to eat your words. If you suggested that you're familiar with it but it isn't your favourite then you may be okay...
Old Dec 16th 2010, 9:29 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avanutria
If you suggested that you're familiar with it but it isn't your favourite then you may be okay...
That's basically how I left it - but then I told admin lady essentially the same thing....
Old Dec 16th 2010, 9:32 pm
redruM

...or just tell her that you prefer it fried. Assuming you don't have the ability to fry foodstuffs in you work place you should be okay.
Having said that, if it is already cooked it could be like watching an episode of 'Man Vs food'!
Old Dec 16th 2010, 10:05 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
That's basically how I left it - but then I told admin lady essentially the same thing....
Ah, but she had six years to misremember it.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Bury is a town in Lancashire, in north west England. In the town is one of the most famous of markets - Bury Market - which has the reputation of selling the best black puddings you can find anywhere on the surface of this planet. Many people think black puddings are an acquired taste, but no Sunday morning whacking great fry-ups are complete without black pudding.....a couple of rashers of best back bacon, sausages, baked beans, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, fried eggs (or scrambled if you prefer), fried bread - and a couple of slices of black pudding, all washed down with a steaming hot mug of Yorkshire tea or, if you prefer - a similarly steaming mug of Douwe Egberts freshly filtered coffee. All followed by slices of hot buttered granary toast and Dundee marmalade.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by southerncomfort
Thank you for the swift response and for posting the exact address.

I didn't relish the idea of walking around Hillcrest asking for the Sausage King!
Everytime we go to this local bar I can't help but giggle childishly at the 'Sausage Party' dish